FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Spittybug - Designs for converting stock setup to EFI

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by DARCOM View Post
    That might be me with the tps on the spool.
    Bingo! Your the one. Care to tell about yours for these folks?
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Who's next?
    Me, maybe ...?

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

According to the Megasquirt boards, we shouldn't have any problem going without the TPS. It is only used for the throttle based acceleration enhancement and for alpha-n fueling algorithm which we aren't using. I have been using MAP acceleration exclusively for a while with no issue. I'm learning about the "adhere to wall" and "suck from wall" settings which actually eliminate the need for acceleration enhancement altogether.

Who knows, the Delorean manifold may be of sufficiently large volume that the performance of MAP based acceleration may be sub par. That's why we're prototyping; to find out! Shannon's car didn't seem to have any ill effect not having one. Once we make all of the minor adjustments to improve upon the base tune, we'll see.

Daryl, I too would at least like to see how you managed to get one mounted on the throttle spool. Got any pictures?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

I have one mounted I will photograph later tonight and post, but the sensor keeps dying and it wasn't the best installation.

Christine runs beautifully right now, but my specific installation is going to absolutely require a TPS soon, so I'm trying to figure this out.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I thought I'd post a few more picture of my car. By the way, my car is an automatic. Don't know if any one else's EFI engine is an auto or not but to remove any doubts, it can be done to an auto. One of the pictures show the connectors to the fuel rail. You can see the dipstick for the automatic transmission fluid.

I had to clean up the VOD. There are before and after pictures.

I removed the fuel distributor and a friend had a medallion made that fit perfectly over the hole.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    2942

Here is a shot of my TPS. It's been on here just like this for over four years and kicking.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images

LOL... Adam, THIS may be an acceptable use of cable ties, but not on the fuel system!

Still helping Ian to get his MS up and running. Some weird stuff going on with fuel pump and injectors randomly kicking on and off. Grounds all good and common, 12v dedicated for fuel pump from battery, 12v for others from brown wire in RPM relay. Green wire from RPM relay provides switched 12v. We are now trouble shooting harness to make sure that nothing is shorting. Car won't start with either his MSII box or Shannon's, so that is what led us to checking wiring.....code is identical and has been reburned to ensure integrity. Next step will be to try Ian's box in Shannon's car.

I need to go look at what could possibly be interrupting the power from the RPM relay, either the brown or green. Time for the schematic.........
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Huh?
    2006 Volvo S60R

Didn't you torch the car because you were using cable ties to hold the fuel rails down? Or was that someone else?
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

No... I "torched" the car, if that's the correct phrasing, because a fuel line split at a junction for no apparent reason - most likely a combination of cheap fuel line and inexperienced installation on my part, although there was so much damage that it wasn't really clear where the initial failure was or what started it. The rails were certainly not held down with cable ties.

I think I mentioned considering it once in passing - I did have a rail pop out from its hold down once, which may have been why I was hunting rather desperately for ways to secure them better - but I never actually tried it. For what it's worth, the fire had nothing to do with the rail design or its attachment system.

For that matter I'm not actually a huge fan of the cable tie on the TPS, although it admittedly has a far better track record than my installation - I have a bracket and weather shield on mine that are bolted in place. Why mine keep dying and Daryl's is still working is beyond me.
    2006 Volvo S60R

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast