FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone want to talk about...

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    Gull-wing doors are NOT female friendly. Most women do not like them, so it will never see fruition.
    How many women choose to buy Deloreans? I'm guessing that its about 1/10 of one percent.
    How many women like 3 karat diamonds? How many women like 3-day weekends at the spa every month? Now, how many women actually buy them?

Like != going to buy. Women can be, for the most part, more practical then men would be so saying women don't like DeLoreans because they don't buy them might be flawed IMO.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Most concept cars I've seen have gullwing doors at some stage in their development. It's simply an attention getter on the showroom floor. Buick had a gullwing sedan at the 2008 New York Auto Show. It never came to fruition.

It's impractical and expensive, and contrary to what you all may think on the forums (we have a slight bias =) ), nobody wants them.

I was able to snap a pic of the Buick while I was there -
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    Most concept cars I've seen have gullwing doors at some stage in their development. It's simply an attention getter on the showroom floor. Buick had a gullwing sedan at the 2008 New York Auto Show. It never came to fruition.

It's impractical and expensive, and contrary to what you all may think on the forums (we have a slight bias =) ), nobody wants them.

I was able to snap a pic of the Buick while I was there -
    It's also a great way to show off the interior of the car
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    ]
    Right! But would you say they don't like them?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Right! But would you say they don't like them?
    Aesthetically yes, people like them. But in terms of actually buying a car, gullwing doors would probably be a turn off for many. Remember that the public's perception is that the doors swing out not up, they will be afraid of opening their door into traffic (instead of opening away from traffic like they do)

It's kind of like wanting to own a Ferrari. They look awesome but people don't buy them as daily drivers because they percieve them to be horrible daily driving cars
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

My VIN:    2848

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    How many women like 3 karat diamonds? How many women like 3-day weekends at the spa every month? Now, how many women actually buy them?

Like != going to buy. Women can be, for the most part, more practical then men would be so saying women don't like DeLoreans because they don't buy them might be flawed IMO.
    Every woman I know, EVERY one of them owns a diamond. Your comparison is not the same. Woman are not buying Deloreans & Bricklins because they can't afford them.

Is it opposite day? "Women (for the most part) are more practical than men?" Now I know your f'ing with us. Come on man, there is no way you typed that with a straight face. Was your wife/girlfriend looking over your shoulder as you typed that?
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

: Come on man, there is no way you typed that with a straight face?
    I did.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Yes Dear
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Yes Dear
    Does that make you my bitch D?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2