FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: New fiberglass fascia / bumper cover

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Each dealer will have the option of stocking them...whether or not they will is up to them. And whoever they use to paint may need more/less time so you'd be best to coordinate with whomever is closest to you.

James
    Basically what your saying is The new fascias will be Made-to-Order. Nothing wrong with that. I may be adding it to my Spring repairs. Windshield,A-pillar replacement@ Dave's shop.

I still think it would be it would not be unreasonable to have a Fiberglass Rear Fascia Option available. You could price it with a premium, for those that want it and and it still be a MTO part. Premium pricing would still keep the NOS stock attractive for those that don't want to spend the extra on it.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    You could price it with a premium, for those that want it and and it still be a MTO part. Premium pricing would still keep the NOS stock attractive for those that don't want to spend the extra on it.
    The problem is development (tool) costs. Makes the first one VERY expensive if you don't sell any more for a while.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5180

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    The problem is development (tool) costs. Makes the first one VERY expensive if you don't sell any more for a while.
    Agreed.

I'm speaking from a consumer standpoint. Whom would prefer to replace both fascias at once and be done with it. Not having too worry about an NOS urethane part eventually shrinking like the one being replaced. For that I would pay a reasonable premium ($300) for a part that should last the remainder of my ownership (40 years I hope)

I also understand the Business side of selling Inventory sitting on the shelf that is bought and paid for. DMCH makes a much Higher profit on each piece part.

Regardless, Im happy that at least the front is now available.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Received our first painted unit back from the paint shop today. Looks very nice and I'll get some photos of it tomorrow.

James

My VIN:    5875

Received our first painted unit back from the paint shop today. Looks very nice and I'll get some photos of it tomorrow.

James
    James, did you get a chance to take a few pictures?
    Andy Garand

My VIN:    SCEDT26TXBD001292 SCEDT26T6DD020098

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

James,

Any additional information or pictures on these or is this project on hold? Did something happen to it that has caused the delay? I've been looking forward to seeing pictures of the painted product.

Please let us know.

Thanks!
    - Josh

SCEDT26TXBD001292: Black 5 spd - Holley EFI 3.0L PRV - Custom TwinTurbo by DeLorean Industries
    SCEDT26T6DD020098: Grey 5 spd - K-Jet CIS 2.85L PRV

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Josh, we've had it back from the painter for a couple weeks but with the pre-Christmas rush and covering for staff who have been out of the office, I just hadn't gotten around to it. Here are some quick photos I took this morning.

James
    Attached Images

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Here are some quick photos I took this morning.
    Very, very nice. Looks great.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

That is the most mouthwaterlingly perfect front fascia I have ever seen. I must have one!

Well done, y'all!

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    6125

Great job on the fiberglass fascia... it's beautiful!

Any idea on price yet?
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast