FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WANTED 1981 5 speed

WANTED 1981 5 speed

I have been asked by a friend to find a 1981 5 speed. Interior can be black or grey. I do not care if it runs. I would prefer finding one in the Indiana, Ill, Ohio, KY, Mich area. Please let me know what you have!!

Thanks,
    Jason

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Not to nitpick... but last I checked Fresno, CA wasn't necessarily near IL, IN, OH, or KY, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Not to nitpick... but last I checked Fresno, CA wasn't necessarily near IL, IN, OH, or KY, lol.

I bought this car in CO, flew out to Denver and drove it back to CA. All about how much you want one

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    "I would prefer" does not mean "I will not accept anything but."

Farrar

My VIN:    10186

Quote Originally Posted by guss23 View Post
    I have been asked by a friend to find a 1981 5 speed. Interior can be black or grey. I do not care if it runs. I would prefer finding one in the Indiana, Ill, Ohio, KY, Mich area. Please let me know what you have!!

Thanks,
    Jason
    can i ask something: what does it matter if its an 81 , 82, or 83?

I was asked to help a friend and his son find a car. I have found a few 82s and 83s but they spacificly do not want any car but an 81.

Quote Originally Posted by guss23 View Post
    I was asked to help a friend and his son find a car. I have found a few 82s and 83s but they spacificly do not want any car but an 81.
    They might be under the impression that the early cars are more valuable. This is not the case, as they're all valued pretty much the same. And the '82s and '83s were subject to a number of updates from the factory which an '81, having already been purchased, might not have had done because the original owner didn't take the car back for service. My car is an August '81 and I have had to perform a number of the "recalls" myself! Just some info to chew on if you like.

Good luck!

Farrar

No, I think its a "year of birth" thing. I own an 81, 82 and an 83 and I like the later cars better. I explained my opinion to them. THEY WANT AN 81
    What ever, sometimes when you want something spacific, thats what you want!!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

But what kind of 81? An early 81 with the early features, a mid 81 with "mid" features, or a late 81 with (you guessed it) later features. To me (a true DeLorean-o-phile) there are far more features to assess along the build of the 81s, than the 82s and 83s. Not to mention, it "should" be easier to locate and 81, than the 82/83 combined. If the future owners don't care about nit-picking features, it would be more important to just find the best candidate (condition both mechanical and cosmetic) than trying to find a specific car. But you already know that. I still wish you luck in your search!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast