FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Cineman - #01748 3.0lt twin turbo - Italy

My VIN:    #01748 #20011 #10902

A little update on my car. Little details are important for a non standard project...
    The engine works, but i was rarely satisfied by the throttle response in the past time. I had a lot of "hole" or something like misfiring.
    Along all this time, i changed lot of times settings, VE maps, timing, Acceleration enrichment etc...
    I change also the RPM circuitry : instead of the MS VR conditiong signals, i made a new one with the LM1815 chip, wich is designed for this purpose, and suggested on the MS forum.
    ( like the one suggested here )
    http://www.aaroncake.net/rx-7/megasq...AndModding.asp
    But still, i had some little problems.
    I just found this days that the INJECTOR DEAD TIME, wich is usually suggested to keep at 1,0ms , what not good for me. I investigated a bit on the web, and found that usually, specially for LOW impedance inj, the numer is more around 0.6 - 0.7 , and makes BIG differences in VE table and roundness of engine health.
    I am now running at Dead Time 0,650ms . I had to completely retune my VE maps after this ( easy to do with Wideband and Tunerstudio pro ), and the maps did "smoothed" out a lot , so they are more good to see now!
    And seems that this made the throttle response and linearity to went good, and no more missfiring.
    I am now waiting a new alternator , new blow-off valves , spark plug and little other things for happynes.
    Good for the new spring season
    Andrea - #01748 3.0lt Twin Turbo EFI, custom brakes, suspensions, manual trans - black interior -
    PRV's lover. Club Italiano Delorean www.dmc12.it

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Good discovery Andrea. The guys I know over here are using high impedance injectors, but it's always worth trying to see if changing the dead time has any effect if someone is experiencing issues. The amount of information on Megasquirt is huge, just like the number of variables. The problem remains in the organization and 'searchability' of that information. Our little sub forum here should help nicely.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Good discovery Andrea. The guys I know over here are using high impedance injectors, but it's always worth trying to see if changing the dead time has any effect if someone is experiencing issues. The amount of information on Megasquirt is huge, just like the number of variables. The problem remains in the organization and 'searchability' of that information. Our little sub forum here should help nicely.
    I couldn't agree more, Owen. There is so much information on MS out there, but it is really scattered and poorly organized. If it weren't for this sub-forum, and the helpful folks on here, I would never have been successful with my conversion.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5