FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: What will happen to Bill now that he has moved to the DML?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will be banned from the DML.

6 11.32%
  • He will be placed on a temporary "time out".

3 5.66%
  • The DML moderators will leave Bill alone.

4 7.55%
  • I don't care.

40 75.47%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Bill get banned from the DML?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieBrandon View Post
    Bill should be left totally alone. As long as he persists in "upgrading" suspension and as he continues to convince people to put those dumb little things on top of the intake manifold, he continues to bastardize DeLoreans which makes them totally unsaleable. Very soon there will be fewer STOCK DeLoreans for people to purchase

Ok.....
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post

Ok.....
    I think he meant Option 3 above.

For what it's worth, I like Bill as a person and I really appreciate how he uses his (evidently limitless) free time to research our cars' history. What I don't like is how he takes an innocuous response like "X wasn't designed to do Y, Bill; you've changed the properties of Z system by redesigning it," and turns it into "The entire world has been saying my car was doomed since I first laid hands upon it."

On the one hand, I have known people like that my entire life. I think maybe it has something to do with living in the south -- people exaggerate, but they don't mean it literally. For example, I was talking with a listener recently who said "Mel Tormé was the greatest singer of all time." Well, between the telephone receiver and my thought processes that man's statement turned into "I really like Mel Tormé as a singer," because I'm used to grandiose statements from highly opinionated people. Pretty much everything Bill says is said with a wink and a smile; although he might sound argumentative he's simply enjoying the response he gets from people who don't understand the way he talks -- not what he is saying, but the way he talks -- and I admit the way he talks is hard to deal with sometimes.

I admit that I try to be a peacemaker, and that I am a "live and let live" type of person... and there are a lot of people who are not nearly so "hands-off" as I am in the "DeLorean Community." I am also pretty shy in real life and I guess that is where my "let's all get along before someone gets beat up" attitude comes from. But in my experience even trying to "moderate" Bill's comments by trying to explain them to someone who's been riled up is pretty much pointless; he in his funny way will somehow find a way to get a hilarious response out of someone who doesn't get that he's not actually being mean-spirited about any of his extremely strong opinions. And yes, that's all they are -- opinions. If you add "I think" to his statements they make a lot more sense. So just do that in your head.

I look forward to meeting everyone at DCS '12 and demonstrating to them that just because I have a cheap fuel delivery system doesn't mean I can't be friendly with just about everyone I meet, nor does it mean that I will try to convince someone that their deeply-held beliefs are wrong. I'm just another guy with a DeLorean. And I look forward to hanging out with Bill again, even if it means that I occasionally shake my head. Come on, who among us has never had a friend who occasionally made us shake our heads?

Steve on the other hand makes it obvious that he's just having fun when he is poking fun at someone online -- maybe he can teach Bill how to do that.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieBrandon View Post
    As long as he persists in "upgrading" suspension...
    If you think the DeLorean suspension is flawless, you're delusional. I have personally driven his upgrades and they are spectacular. It feels like the car it should have been
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Steve on the other hand makes it obvious that he's just having fun when he is poking fun at someone online -- maybe he can teach Bill how to do that.
    I'm not joking when I talk down to people who have inferior fuel delivery systems. Stubborn minded people deserve to be talked down too. I also show no respect for Nazis who leave their trailing arm bolt covers installed.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I got on my back with a flashlight and had a look and I'd love to have it myself.

I didn't drive it because of my own superstitions. Driving someone else's beloved car is like walking under a ladder.

I remember when a tough academy drill instructor took delivery of a new Harley cruiser. He offered me the chance to take it out on a ride and I demurred. I still think that was the wise choice!

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    who leave their trailing arm bolt covers installed.
    That's what Himmler did. FACTS!/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I also show no respect for Nazis who leave their trailing arm bolt covers installed.
    Anyone who drives a Metro has no respect to give
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Anyone who drives a Metro has no respect to give
    At least I haven't stooped low enough to buy a silly little Prius.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I also show no respect for Nazis who leave their trailing arm bolt covers installed.
    Those of us who like their trailing arm bolt covers get a free box of cereal:

1178687202184.jpg

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Everyone knows the Nazis went to the moon in 1945.

Now let's get back to our other pointless discussion.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I find Bill's technical knowledge very useful;
    I find Bill's technical knowledge extremely limited, but he doesn't know it.

The phrase "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" really applies to Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    What I don't like is how he takes an innocuous response like "X wasn't designed to do Y, Bill; you've changed the properties of Z system by redesigning it," and turns it into "The entire world has been saying my car was doomed since I first laid hands upon it."

Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    If you think the DeLorean suspension is flawless, you're delusional. I have personally driven his upgrades and they are spectacular. It feels like the car it should have been
    Don't you start....

Edit: I'm not actually arguing with the point that the DeLorean's suspension can't be improved.
    Last edited by DCUK Martin; 10-29-2011 at 07:58 AM.
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast