FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Anyone for a project car? "0" mile 1964 1/2 Mustang!

Anyone for a project car? "0" mile 1964 1/2 Mustang!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

New Build Cars ... SEMA Debut - Factory Built, Original Design(s)

New Build Cars ... Mid-60's Ford Mustangs, that is. Pre-SEMA debut article.

http://tinyurl.com/4ykxdcd

I am sure there will be plenty of early Ford Mustang owners that will be hearing
    "Hey, you know they are building new 1960's style Mustangs again".

Should be an interesting SEMA Event this year.

Later,
    Rich W.

Looks like I beat RichW to the punch er post by 1 minute! Sorry Rich!

My VIN:    4534

Great...so not only to I get the new Delorean build comments I'm going to have to hear the new 66 Mustang comments too?

If they weren't 15 grand I'd pick one up to replace the Rustang, my parts car. She's in baaaaaaaad shape. You can't even fred flintstone her since the seat bracket also rusted through.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Leaving for SEMA here shortly just to see this. I"m really excited for the 68 fastback release. Definitely will be building an affordable Bullitt replica I"m not worried about destroying.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Leaving for SEMA here shortly just to see this. I"m really excited for the 68 fastback release. Definitely will be building an affordable Bullitt replica I"m not worried about destroying.
    Let me know when you have one ready! I've been wanting one of those from the very first moment I saw that chase..... Of course, I could go for that black Charger too if you got it.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    You can't even fred flintstone her since the seat bracket also rusted through.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    New Build Cars ... Mid-60's Ford Mustangs, that is. Pre-SEMA debut article.

http://tinyurl.com/4ykxdcd

I am sure there will be plenty of early Ford Mustang owners that will be hearing
    "Hey, you know they are building new 1960's style Mustangs again".

Should be an interesting SEMA Event this year.

Later,
    Rich W.
    The big difference here is Ford is building new bodies, and between Ford and National Parts Depot you can get 100% newly made parts which is a great service to the early Mustang owner/enthusiast.

Not the same thing with DMC and "New-Builds". In fact they are doing quite the opposite. Neither Ford or NPD are claiming to build "new" 1964 1/2 Mustangs, they are providing New parts only. DMC wants to sell what it calls a "new-build" (that those that don't know better 99.9% of the general public equate as a New Car) with 80% 3 decade old original parts that they bought pennies on the dollar from KAPAC that they can put into what they imply to be a "new" car for a huge profit margin.

I'd say one set of owners and enthusiasts are getting a great service that enhances the value of their original cars, and the other a great dis-service that works to marginalize and devalue their original cars all for the sake of publicity for a parts & service provider that is going through an identity crisis.
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

My VIN:    4534

I disagree tjd, at what point are these new bodied Mustangs no longer the original cars? I struggled to put my blue Mustang back together. Now if I want to put my parts car Mustang back on the road I just need to buy a new body. Suddenly there's one brand new "classic" Mustang back on the road and my girl that survived 40+ years is a second rate car.

What DMC and Ford/NPD are doing is the exact same thing except with DMC I can't jack up the vin plate and roll a new car under it. Yet.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Let me know when you have one ready! I've been wanting one of those from the very first moment I saw that chase..... Of course, I could go for that black Charger too if you got it.
    I cleaned out a few restoration tech's from a high end shop out of Cleveland that called it quits. I hired the one simply because he is a McQueen nut and has a perfect self restored 68 Charger.
    They simply can not release the 68 body style quick enough...... Right now I'm deciding if I want to purchase a coupe and perform the sheet metal conversion using the mustang unlimited conversion kit for a 67-68. It can be done but it is probably better to just wait. It is "easy" on a 67-68 couple and "frustrating" on a 66 or older from individuals I have discussed this with.

On another note:
    I did not branch out into the mustang community as some have accused me of. I will only work on Bullitt cars IE 68 fastback J codes or 08-09 Bullitt spec cars. We have branched out into Ford Gt's though. An upcoming Gear Head episode shows how to install a Stainless Works exhaust and upgraded pulley on an 05 GT from over the summer.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters