FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door handle idea

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I typically just push on the lower window ledge.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    06960

Push on the rear lower window ledge. Its best on the door for anti-twisting and for shorter folks also allows you to stand somewhat behind the door for a shorter reach.

Pulling on an extended door handle would be uncomfortable. If the door handle moved INTO the door and was properly designed also as a grab, then yes that would be pretty neat. But alas it is not light that.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I typically just push on the lower window ledge.
    +1

I'll start with the side molding and finish with the window ledge.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    +1

I'll start with the side molding and finish with the window ledge.
    That's exactly what I do also. If I have a long sleeve shirt or jacket on, I may use my forearm to push on other places. No Finger prints or sweat marks to worry about.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2