FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Is your DeLorean your Primary/Daily Driver or Hobby/Fun/Project car etc. ?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Primary/Daily Driver.

13 20.97%
  • Weekend/Project/Hobby/Toy/ anything else car.

49 79.03%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daily Driver/Hobby Car poll

Daily Driver/Hobby Car poll

Just wanted to start a simple poll to see who uses the DeLorean as a no-shit Daily Driver, or if their DeLorean is a Toy/Weekend/Fun/Project car etc. Only two choices because if it's not a primary/daily driver, it falls into the other categories by default. In other words is your DeLorean your sole vehicle? I guess that would have been a better question.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 10-30-2011 at 09:58 PM.

My VIN:    06960

No-Shit daily driver. 10,000+ miles a year, from "salt free" to "salt flies". 'Nuff said.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    No-Shit daily driver. 10,000+ miles a year, from "salt free" to "salt flies". 'Nuff said.
    Vote dude, you beat my poll!! Heh heh.

btw, that is cool as shit. Props dude!
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 10-30-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

The only thing keeping my car from Daily Driver status by that definition is the number of seats I need occasionally. I use it at every available opportunity when the kids are in school (or if someone agrees to look after at least one of them on weekends, during summer). I use it for the regular mundane chores if the opportunity presents itself.

Of course winter can also compromise my daily driver status...that day is fast approaching, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory W View Post
    The only thing keeping my car from Daily Driver status by that definition is the number of seats I need occasionally. I use it at every available opportunity when the kids are in school (or if someone agrees to look after at least one of them on weekends, during summer). I use it for the regular mundane chores if the opportunity presents itself.

Of course winter can also compromise my daily driver status...that day is fast approaching, I'm afraid.
    Right, but it is your second or third car by choice. You "play" with it. You don't rely on it as a daily driver. Whether or not you could is irrelevant. I'm sorta in the same situation. That's why I asked.

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

For the last four months until this week my D was my daily driver. But I recently switched jobs and began commuting 140 miles a day! (only temporary) So the D was getting beat up pretty good on NYC parkways. So I decided to buy a second car and put the D back in the garage. Truthfully I love driving my D but kicking the shit out of it all winter around these parts will destroy it. I'll torture my new Altima for now.

Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Both. But I put it away when the snow falls.

When I first got my car it never saw rain. I babied it and pampered it beyond belief. That was 12 years ago. I now have an 8yr old girl that loves the car. We drive the car whenever we want to get out of the house and have fun. Drop her off at school. Go on errands. You name it, rain or shine.
    Just today we went for an early morning drive along lake michigan. We brought our little dog. We stopped at the beach and let the dog run around and went to skip stones. Took a few pictures of the Delorean then hopped back in. My daughter had sand all over her when she got back into the car. The dog too. She looked a bit worried that she brought sand into the car (lots of it). Before she could say a word I told her how much I love going anywhere we want in the Delorean, even if we get it dirty. It was an awesome morning.

Since I bought the car I've completely torn it apart and replaced everything, even the frame. Its solid. I don't drive it in the winter mainly due to my lack of faith with other drivers. And because its just not fun in the winter. But when its back in the garage and its driving season....anything goes. Thats what vacuums and cleaners are for. Plus, my daughter likes helping me clean the Delorean too. Win/Win.

photo 5.jpgphoto-lola.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

I'll come back to this when I have a (three seater) McLaren F1 then. Or when Hell freezes over, which will likely happen first

Erik, your story rocks. My girl is also eight, but not as into the car as yours seems to be. My six year old, on the other hand......
    Last edited by Cory W; 10-30-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Start 'em early If my daughters in the car, i rarely shift gears, as you can see. She's a pro at it now. Today we drove past a Walgreens and SHE pointed out an ubelievably beautiful car. I looked and slammed on the brakes. A new M.B gullwing! And it was silver! I'm hoping it lives in my city cuz I didn't have my phone on me so no pictures. But she pointed out the door lines. Compared our cars, then asked if the doors opened the same way. Cool kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory W View Post
    I'll come back to this when I have a (three seater) McLaren F1 then. Or when Hell freezes over, which will likely happen first

Erik, your story rocks. My girl is also eight, but not as into the car as yours seems to be. My six year old, on the other hand......

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    Both. But I put it away when the snow falls.

When I first got my car it never saw rain. I babied it and pampered it beyond belief. That was 12 years ago. I now have an 8yr old girl that loves the car. We drive the car whenever we want to get out of the house and have fun. Drop her off at school. Go on errands. You name it, rain or shine.
    Just today we went for an early morning drive along lake michigan. We brought our little dog. We stopped at the beach and let the dog run around and went to skip stones. Took a few pictures of the Delorean then hopped back in. My daughter had sand all over her when she got back into the car. The dog too. She looked a bit worried that she brought sand into the car (lots of it). Before she could say a word I told her how much I love going anywhere we want in the Delorean, even if we get it dirty. It was an awesome morning.

Since I bought the car I've completely torn it apart and replaced everything, even the frame. Its solid. I don't drive it in the winter mainly due to my lack of faith with other drivers. And because its just not fun in the winter. But when its back in the garage and its driving season....anything goes. Thats what vacuums and cleaners are for. Plus, my daughter likes helping me clean the Delorean too. Win/Win.

photo 5.jpgphoto-lola.jpgphoto 4.jpg
    You voted in the hobby car category right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast