FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

View Poll Results: Is your DeLorean your Primary/Daily Driver or Hobby/Fun/Project car etc. ?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Primary/Daily Driver.

13 20.97%
  • Weekend/Project/Hobby/Toy/ anything else car.

49 79.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daily Driver/Hobby Car poll

My VIN:    2991

Was my 'daily driver' (if one can call it that) for several years; I bought it in late 2001, and used it to get to university three days per week. Drove it to the gym, on weekends, etc. It was my only car. Even then, the university wasn't far from home (20 minute drive), the gym only twenty or so blocks (I'm a weight-lifter, I don't want to waste energy walking there!), and apart from the odd long-distance trip, it didn't rack up much mileage.

Now that I'm closing in on 30, and entering the work force (grad school took ages), the car is insured as a Collector car, and can't legally be driven to work, anyway.

Voted 'toy', since that's what it is!

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Like with most polls, the questions are set up to provide the poller with the answers he/she likes to get

As others before me already said, it's not an actually this or that, but often a mix of the answers. IMO polls should take that into consideration as well.

Going into city centers with a D is often asking for damage (parking dents, scratches etc), so for work I almost often use the Pontiac.
    However every occasion I get to drive the D is taken immediately, even while working.
    Obviously driving to family and friends always is in the D.

My country is small and probably will hardly fill the size of NYC, so our mileage will be considerably lower than that of most Americans.
    Both my cars however compete which one has the highest yearly mileage and the D doesn't easily give in (both "do" approx. 6500 Miles a year).

Keep 'm rolling!
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

My VIN:    6600

toy car whenever i feel like it

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    You voted in the hobby car category right?
    I did. But thats because there wasn't a catagory for how I drive my Delorean.

My motivation

Quote Originally Posted by WelmoedJ View Post
    Like with most polls, the questions are set up to provide the poller with the answers he/she likes to get

As others before me already said, it's not an actually this or that, but often a mix of the answers. IMO polls should take that into consideration as well.

Going into city centers with a D is often asking for damage (parking dents, scratches etc), so for work I almost often use the Pontiac.
    However every occasion I get to drive the D is taken immediately, even while working.
    Obviously driving to family and friends always is in the D.

My country is small and probably will hardly fill the size of NYC, so our mileage will be considerably lower than that of most Americans.
    Both my cars however compete which one has the highest yearly mileage and the D doesn't easily give in (both "do" approx. 6500 Miles a year).

Keep 'm rolling!
    Yeah, I get ya. I made it a "this or that" question, because for my purposes that's what it is. I'm willing to wager that almost no one relys on their DeLorean for everyday driving, and that in almost all cases she is a one of two plus cars in the houshold. I'm considering creating a new poll that allows for multiple choices.

Daily Driver/hobby car Poll

2126 sat stored away for 21 years---have spent many hours & some money to bring her back to life as a nice driver---thats what I want this car to be---I've been in the restoration business as a hobby, and also provided restoration services for others for 40 years---have owned numerous "concours" collector cars---too nice to drive----this Delorean is an ideal "Driver" automobile---has acceptable comfort, performance, and certainly attracts a lot of interest and mostly favorable comments. Have driven it almost every day since I got it to driveable condition. It's a fun car to drive---why let it sit in the shop?

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Both!

I have one of each actually, meaning one DeLorean for show and one DeLorean for go. But I voted hobby b/c I have a family, and have more in my fleet that just 2 DeLoreans. My first DeLorean was purchased as a fun/show car, wished I could drive it more without degrading its current condition and thus purchased the second for that purpose (to be driven without feeling too guilty of mother nature taking its toll on the car).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2