FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage III Supercharger Upgrade Thread

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    The prices of DeLoreans @ DeLorean.com have skyrocketed. It almost seems like they are trying to push the little guy out and create a pool of more elite owners with wallets the size of Uranus. I feel it is becoming less and less likely that I will own one down the line. Speaking of which, I need to update my sig... I've lost about half my fund after buying a 4 door for the wife so it is easier for her to haul the baby around.
    Just remember, that's not the only place to buy a Delorean. In fact, it's probably the most expensive place to buy one!

--buddy

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DCUK Martin View Post
    Please don't forget little ol' me over this side of the pond. You might be surprised by how much it (doesn't) cost to ship a car over...

http://www.delorean.co.uk/delorean_performance.html

How much would it cost to ship over your 260HP turbo engine to here in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I have spoken with a number of you over performance options in the last few days in regards to cost versus gains etc. While I think we are very competitive with what we offer as I have stated I can't say until officially released that we beat out the stage III offering price wise. I can say though that our boosted engine packages have forged internals and are based from the ground up where one isn't added to the other as an upgrade from a NA package we offer. Our NA packages are priced along the Stage II price line and single turbo option is sub 12k installed.

To stay competitive as I have mentioned we are not running a belt drive compressor to compete with DMC and will continue to stick to single and dual turbo's indefinitely with forged internals and mandatory EFI accept for one off belt driven builds upon request.

Owners who have purchased our exhausts, engines or other upgrades have the option to trade in on a prorated bases towards other upgrades as always in the future and we will still build any custom crazy set up you can dream up as well.
    I would be interested in upgrading my engine to turbo and efi, and the option to trade in my newly purchased spec 1 exhaust in order to do so would be nice. However, I would like to do alot of the work myself for learning and self-pride purchases....

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    I would be interested in upgrading my engine to turbo and efi, and the option to trade in my newly purchased spec 1 exhaust in order to do so would be nice. However, I would like to do alot of the work myself for learning and self-pride purchases....
    Plenty of good folks to help you out with EFI around these parts. Owen, Jim, and Dave McKeen got me going nicely!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    2964

For stage 3, which stock parts will have to be removed/not used anymore??

Also, there is a serpentine pulley and belt used on stage 3. Will and original pulleys have to be replaced, or anything??

Any detail on it, would appreciate it!!

I am in the procedd of working on my engine, I would like to know as much info on stage 3, so I know if I really want it, I can prepare my engine for it!!

Thank you!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

Club(s):   (DCH)

As an owner of a previously 'upgraded' car, which I have at great expense returned to stock'ish config (stage ii) I feel I'm qualified to comment.

Any upgrade/swap is only as good as the development work undertaken and the quality of the workmanship employed to implement. If either is lacking the results are nothing short of appalling and over time will only leave a sour taste. I can attest that shortcomings of a poorly developed solution soon overwhelm any benefits from the performance gains achieved.

From what I have read and seen thus far the DMCH stage 3 meets both these pre requisites looking very OEM in its delivery, reports of extended development time and multiple mules lends weight to a feel of a properly developed solution. Not something that can said of all solutions being offered.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Manxmann View Post
    As an owner of a previously 'upgraded' car, which I have at great expense returned to stock'ish config (stage ii) I feel I'm qualified to comment.

Any upgrade/swap is only as good as the development work undertaken and the quality of the workmanship employed to implement. If either is lacking the results are nothing short of appalling and over time will only leave a sour taste. I can attest that shortcomings of a poorly developed solution soon overwhelm any benefits from the performance gains achieved.
    What happened?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Sounds like a Forced Induction Upgrade gone bad and he opted to step back down to a Stage II type (stock-ish appearing setup).
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Pic of the new Stage 3 setup. DMC says it will work fine with the K-Jet system.
    Attached Images

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer96 View Post
    Pic of the new Stage 3 setup. DMC says it will work fine with the K-Jet system.
    Its looks complicated yet beautiful. If I understand correctly, they are supplimenting K-Jet with TBI. I love TBI.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast