21 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Delorean

-- Julz

This video makes you think...
    -- Julz

Delorean with a Hemi

I'm wondering why in the poll, hardly anyone voted for the 5.7 Hemi V8 with the MDS.
    Is it because its a more complicated engine or its weight???
    I found out that in the Porsche V8 videos I posted earlier, the LS engines weigh no more than the Flat 6 engines, so the car is still quite balanced.
    I wonder if the same is true for the HEMI.
    -- Julz

My VIN:    000765

im still looking at an ls1 in the near future, but i have to say that the 302 you've got in there looks phenomenal. I'll probably be bugging you in the near future about how you did it
    81' Grooved hood, gas flap.
    Restoration in progress

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

As I have always voted for, V8 Hayabusa motor that fits in a 4 cylinder engine compartment

busa_V8.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS H1V8:

75° odd fire V8
    2.8 LITER, 170 cu. in. displacement (3.0 liter optional)
    84mm Bore X 63mm Stroke (67 stroke optional)
    4 cams, 32 valves via internal silent chain
    530mm wide x 485mm long x 530mm high
    400HP @ 10,000 rpm with stock street cams (higher spec. is available)
    245 ft-lbs torque @ 7500 rpm
    200 lbs engine weight
    Billet nitrided steel 180° crank
    4340 H-beam con-rods with ARP bolts
    Billet 6061-T6 aluminum crankcase
    Dry sump 0il system with 4 stage pump
    7.25" or 5.5" Twin disc clutch
    DTA S80 full sequential ECU
    Unique cylinder offset and cam drive arrangement yields a compact design- Patent No. 7,168,405

WAY TOO MUCH MONEY THOUGH, but it is a V8, that fits in a 4 cylinder engine compartment, that weighs less than the stock V6 motor
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by googoofan5 View Post
    As I have always voted for, V8 Hayabusa motor that fits in a 4 cylinder engine compartment

busa_V8.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS H1V8:

75° odd fire V8
    2.8 LITER, 170 cu. in. displacement (3.0 liter optional)
    84mm Bore X 63mm Stroke (67 stroke optional)
    4 cams, 32 valves via internal silent chain
    530mm wide x 485mm long x 530mm high
    400HP @ 10,000 rpm with stock street cams (higher spec. is available)
    245 ft-lbs torque @ 7500 rpm
    200 lbs engine weight
    Billet nitrided steel 180° crank
    4340 H-beam con-rods with ARP bolts
    Billet 6061-T6 aluminum crankcase
    Dry sump 0il system with 4 stage pump
    7.25" or 5.5" Twin disc clutch
    DTA S80 full sequential ECU
    Unique cylinder offset and cam drive arrangement yields a compact design- Patent No. 7,168,405

WAY TOO MUCH MONEY THOUGH, but it is a V8, that fits in a 4 cylinder engine compartment, that weighs less than the stock V6 motor
    With peak torque at 7500 rpm, I would think it would be rather unimpressive in the normal rpm range (meaning 1000-4000) unless you wind it up and keep it there. In a bike, that's no problem, but in a 2700lbs car, those upper rpm's are going to pretty useless, especially taking off from a stop. Perfect example is the Honda S2000. No torque down low means you have to keep it wound up to make power, which gets pretty annoying to do. What puts you back in the seat when you gun it is torque, horsepower is what pulls in the upper gears.
    2004 Acura RSX Type S - Daily Driver
    1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - No, not a lowrider

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Squall67584 View Post
    With peak torque at 7500 rpm, I would think it would be rather unimpressive in the normal rpm range (meaning 1000-4000) unless you wind it up and keep it there. In a bike, that's no problem, but in a 2700lbs car, those upper rpm's are going to pretty useless, especially taking off from a stop. Perfect example is the Honda S2000. No torque down low means you have to keep it wound up to make power, which gets pretty annoying to do. What puts you back in the seat when you gun it is torque, horsepower is what pulls in the upper gears.
    The two motorcycle motors are mated to a custom made block. The H2 and H1 (V are actually built for automotive applications (not bikes anymore). The H1 V8 is what powers the new Ariel Atom : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIiWhWpzFQQ

People also are putting them into Caterham Super 7's. I know both of those cars are much lighter than the DeLorean, but the engine fully dressed it about 100lbs lighter than the PRV. Also, with the mods they offer, it is possible to get it to 500HP N/A. To me, it great because normal RPM's would be for normal every day driving, and then redline's to 11,000RPM when you want to push it. The Atom V8 does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds with the motor, and weights 1,213lb. Even if you were to add double the weight (or about 1,500 lbs) to the DeLorean weight, it would still be a pretty darn quick car.

Some people like torque, some people like HP. But either way, I think it would be cool to see what it could do, especially while reducing weight. But I am no where near the position of wanting to shell out $30,000 for a motor.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

That Atom engine sounds like a real cracker and should be awesome in the Delorean.
    -- Julz

I just realized that there is one V8 that is dear to me and yet I haven't mentioned it at all in this thread... The AJ-V8 from Jaguar. This is one classy motor that has won awards, been in some of the most desirable and classiest cars ever. From brilliant Fords to Aston Martins to even rough rugged capable as well as luxurious off-roaders like the Range Rover, in both supercharged and naturally aspirated form, this engine is not only a testament to Jaguar's engineering, but has won the hearts of many a critic.
    -- Julz

Hey Easy,
    How is the project going??

Sent using Tapatalk for iPhone.
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    -- Julz

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast