FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Digital Dash

My VIN:    01955

Could look worse, it could good.

I nearly went through and did a digital dash many years ago on my Opel Calibra, but chickened out. Became too much of a headache to get it work properly.

Even though, there are some cool digital dashes (& bad ones out there).

I'm sure there's a few Vector W8 Vector Twin Turbo digital dashes lying around ....

Great pics. However I would like to see pics of a digital dash on a Delorean or pics of digital dashs that would actually fit in the binnacle..
    Last edited by knightjp; 11-08-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    -- Julz

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

No offense, but how much money are you budgeting for your DeLorean? By my calculations, you're up to about $100,000 before the digital dash.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    No offense, but how much money are you budgeting for your DeLorean? By my calculations, you're up to about $100,000 before the digital dash.

Farrar
    Wow... sounds like alot.. Didn't know it would come to that much even.
    Perhaps I should consider another dream car...
    -- Julz

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by knightjp View Post
    Wow... sounds like alot..
    Well, if you buy a full-blown replica already done for you, that's about $70k, then you're paying $30k for someone to convert the car to V8 (drivetrain, cooling system, frame alteration/fabrication). You could save money by doing the work yourself, but I don't know your background and I am just guessing that you're perhaps on the young side since most of your references come from BTTF and the TV spinoff. Again, no offense. I am just trying to give you an idea of how much money you're talking about. If you have the money, go for it! Or if you can do the work yourself that's an option, too, it will just take a lot longer.

Farrar
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

check out this link of an article (and videos) of 12 Digital Dashes.

one they fail to mention is the Cadillac Allanté. my friend had one and it had a pretty sweet digital dash. not sure if any of these would fit in a DeLorean binnacle though, since its been 15 years since ive seen the interior of a D.

Cadillac Allanté dash (hard to find a good photo):

HA_800.jpg digidash.jpg
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Well, if you buy a full-blown replica already done for you, that's about $70k, then you're paying $30k for someone to convert the car to V8 (drivetrain, cooling system, frame alteration/fabrication). You could save money by doing the work yourself, but I don't know your background...
    My plan was to find a Delorean which needed engine work or some kind of repair and start from there... A sort of project vehicle. If it takes time, I don't care.. I'm in no hurry. Also I plan on doing most of the work myself with the help of friends. I'm no mechanic, but I have friends who are expert mechanics and aircraft engineers; so no shortage of assistance and guidance when I need it. Plus I will be returning to this forum for advice too..
    The plan is to build a Delorean with a V8 and a custom digital dash.. Nothing else... I like the BTTF cars, but I don't need to have a flux-capacitor in mine..

I am just guessing that you're perhaps on the young side since most of your references come from BTTF and the TV spinoff. Again, no offense. I am just trying to give you an idea of how much money you're talking about. If you have the money, go for it! Or if you can do the work yourself that's an option, too, it will just take a lot longer.
    If you call 30 yrs young, yeah I am...
    Don't worry, I took no offense at all with any of the comments. I understand where you're coming from... However I feel money shouldn't be an object when building the car of your dreams.
    There are people who have done crazier things... Ever heard of a guy who build a house in shape of Dodge truck that actually moves??? It exists, I've seen it. How about the same guy buys 25 Mercesdes S Class cars and has them custom painted in the colours of the rainbow just 'coz he was getting married.
    -- Julz

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    check out this link of an article (and videos) of 12 Digital Dashes.

one they fail to mention is the Cadillac Allanté. my friend had one and it had a pretty sweet digital dash. not sure if any of these would fit in a DeLorean binnacle though, since its been 15 years since ive seen the interior of a D.

Cadillac Allanté dash (hard to find a good photo):

HA_800.jpg digidash.jpg
    Those look pretty cool... Thanks..
    -- Julz

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    Mike Conrad in Cincinnati, OH area is currently making/programing one.
    Check out the 5th pic here.
    Not sure if he is on DMCTalk or not.
    His is definitely my favorite concept.

His uses a horizontally mounted LCD screen with a trapezoidal angular mounted mirror. It's pretty awesome. Plus he can change the dash to look like whatever he wants.

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

Saw this, Topgear posted a nice lineup for gauges throughout the years. It was an inspiration for me to get back to my original project of digitizing my dash.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/che...ign-2011-11-09

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast