FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Premier Starter

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I've had various starter problems over the years, most often the phantom solenoid click. However I recently fully resolved this issue on 5052's starter by disassembling the solenoid, cleaning the contacts with a dremel tool and greasing the armature assembly. This solved the problem 100%! The entire process took less than an hour :-)

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    Chris it's hard to beat Autozone's warranty. Even if the part lasts only three years, it provides peace of mind knowing that one small part of the car now costs less to enjoy.

I offer my upper mounting bracket as an easy way to convert to Autozone's lifetime-guaranteed alternator, but it seems like most owners don't see the value. One example from an eBay buyer:

"I like your product but it is difficult to spend $50 on something that is not currently broke on a car I almost never drive."

Maybe we would drive these cars more often if more components were backed by a lifetime warranty? Catch-22!
    I love your bracket. Makes replacing the Alternator THAT much easier. Also a better ground to the engine. Thanks for an awesome product!
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

FYI - was just shopping around for a starter, found my best deal here:

https://www.starterpros.com/PartDeta...1=Y&IDNum=8234

$75 shipped. It will be a week or two before I can put it in, If there are any problems I'll let you know.

My VIN:    17007

Whats the results?

Just finished installing the Eagle Premier Starter. It seems the only way I can crank/start the car is with all the wires ALL on the Large/Main Stud on top (including the 2 smaller terminal wires).
    The only problem is the charging voltage goes haywire on my cluster so I imagine I have one small wire that should be bolted elsewhere?

I had the stock Paris Rhone Starter with all original wiring before and no problems.

Tried running the bullet head terminal wire (as shown in this pic below from fellow member) to the lower larger stud that goes from starter solenoid to starter motor, and leaving the white and red wire hooked up with all the other wiring on large post and the car wouldn't crank this way either.
    Thoughts?
    http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?at...5&d=1320715390
    From what I understand the Eagle Premier starter has this smaller post, but it's a ground post...no wires to connect to it? Tried putting the 2 small wires there and that wouldn't make the car start either.

Anyone running the Eagle Premier starter with Headers/aftermarket exhaust?
    I'm running the headers/no cat stainless steel UK exhaust from www.stainless-exhaust.com (amazing sound)
    Unfortunately the starter wiring is really close to the header using this starter..... the only way I see to be really safe would be to cut off the small terminal/ground so I could rotate all the wiring away.

Look forward to your help and comments.
    Thanks
    Dave M
    Last edited by n_tensetuning; 10-19-2019 at 08:09 PM.

My VIN:    5051

Quote Originally Posted by uhhair View Post
    We have upgraded to the starter. It is a higher-pitched sound, but it definitely catches quicker than the old one did, and it's given us no issues since replacing it. It bolts right on, it's available from the major vendors, and the price is pretty reasonable. Unless you really have issues with your car staying all original, I'd definitely recommend doing it.
    Bought mine at Autozone! 139. I think and I keep the Original!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I've had various starter problems over the years, most often the phantom solenoid click. However I recently fully resolved this issue on 5052's starter by disassembling the solenoid, cleaning the contacts with a dremel tool and greasing the armature assembly. This solved the problem 100%! The entire process took less than an hour :-)

5052???
    I got 5051...! Oct 81 car!

Quote Originally Posted by n_tensetuning View Post
    Just finished installing the Eagle Premier Starter. It seems the only way I can crank/start the car is with all the wires ALL on the Large/Main Stud on top (including the 2 smaller terminal wires).
    The only problem is the charging voltage goes haywire on my cluster so I imagine I have one small wire that should be bolted elsewhere?

I had the stock Paris Rhone Starter with all original wiring before and no problems.

Tried running the bullet head terminal wire (as shown in this pic below from fellow member) to the lower larger stud that goes from starter solenoid to starter motor, and leaving the white and red wire hooked up with all the other wiring on large post and the car wouldn't crank this way either.
    Thoughts?
    http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?at...5&d=1320715390
    From what I understand the Eagle Premier starter has this smaller post, but it's a ground post...no wires to connect to it? Tried putting the 2 small wires there and that wouldn't make the car start either.

Anyone running the Eagle Premier starter with Headers/aftermarket exhaust?
    I'm running the headers/no cat stainless steel UK exhaust from www.stainless-exhaust.com (amazing sound)
    Unfortunately the starter wiring is really close to the header using this starter..... the only way I see to be really safe would be to cut off the small terminal/ground so I could rotate all the wiring away.

Look forward to your help and comments.
    Thanks
    Dave M
    Dave red and white wire goes to small terminal should be alone or you can put the bullet / bypass wire with it. Is this the way you have it?

Thanks for responding Giamanut

I had originally run the white/red wire and the bullet terminal wire on the small post and all the other large wires together on the top post of the starter solenoid and couldn't get the car to crank.

Are you saying I shouldn't make the connection to the bullet terminal wire (leave it alone) and just have the white/red wire to the small post?

Do you or anyone have pics of how they setup the stock wires off the paris-rhone starter on the autozone/eagle premier starter?

Wondering if the starter is defective?

I do see that the small terminal wiggles a little bit.....

I originally thought this little side post connection was a ground.....

Thanks
    Dave

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast