Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Eagle Premier Starter

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I've had various starter problems over the years, most often the phantom solenoid click. However I recently fully resolved this issue on 5052's starter by disassembling the solenoid, cleaning the contacts with a dremel tool and greasing the armature assembly. This solved the problem 100%! The entire process took less than an hour :-)

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Stainless View Post
    Chris it's hard to beat Autozone's warranty. Even if the part lasts only three years, it provides peace of mind knowing that one small part of the car now costs less to enjoy.

I offer my upper mounting bracket as an easy way to convert to Autozone's lifetime-guaranteed alternator, but it seems like most owners don't see the value. One example from an eBay buyer:

"I like your product but it is difficult to spend $50 on something that is not currently broke on a car I almost never drive."

Maybe we would drive these cars more often if more components were backed by a lifetime warranty? Catch-22!
    I love your bracket. Makes replacing the Alternator THAT much easier. Also a better ground to the engine. Thanks for an awesome product!
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

FYI - was just shopping around for a starter, found my best deal here:

https://www.starterpros.com/PartDeta...1=Y&IDNum=8234

$75 shipped. It will be a week or two before I can put it in, If there are any problems I'll let you know.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6