FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Calling all the WI deloreans.... Iola or maybe a meet up?

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Talking

If it's just you 2...you guys might as well take the Dodge.

Just like my poker games....everyone wants to 4 weeks prior.....then nobody shows up once the day comes. Oh well, maybe next year.

My VIN:    6125

Yeah that's kind of a bummer. I'm still in though, so if anyone changes their mind last minute the plan stands.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I just arrived and I took the DeLorean. I'm busy working on the Dodge.

Arrived in Waupaca, or in Iola? If you're there already I can leave now so we can meet up.

you can call my cell, check your PM's

My VIN:    3816

Mark, I'm actually from Appleton myself. Ironically, this is the one weekend this month I won't be up there or I might have seen if I could tag along!

All the WI people here on the board should try and meet up sometime. That other car show coming up that Rich suggested sounded like it would be fun. Today was a good time walking around Iola hunting for parts with Chad.

We also met up with a Delorean owner from Stevens Point that had his car entered in the show. I am originally from Stevens Point and it didn't take very long for me to realized it was the first DeLorean I ever saw in person. I was like 12 years old at the time and saw the car parked in a small car show in an airport hanger. I've got some pics and I'll post those up a little later. The owners name is Dave and had an October build '81 with 9700 miles in all original condition. Even had the original NCT's.

Here are a few pics of the car, and one of me standing next to it 15 years ago....

gotta love those jean shorts
    Attached Images

Is... that a bullet hole?

My VIN:    5180

Sorry guys,

I made a very short notice decision to take some vacation time last week. My wife and I went out West camping. (Glacier Park, Yellowstone, etc) Good thing Iola happens every year. So I'll look forward to possibly trying again Next year.

On a side note The Woodward Dream Cruise is coming up soon. I am planning to make this trip. I've missed it several years running not this time. Sounds like we will have a sizable contingent from the Midwest clubs.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by tmatalas View Post
    Is... that a bullet hole?
    Yeah it is! Dave said it was like that when he first bought the car, and the previous owner didn't ever explain in detail how it got there. The trajectory of the bullet was angled in such a way that it would have hit the person in the passenger seat, and it clearly had an exit hole in the inside of the door panel.

... and there was no hole in the seat, so I'm thinking there may have been someone there to stop the bullet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3