FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: loud hissing noise coming from engine?

loud hissing noise coming from engine?

Hey guys I just started up 5873 I been driving it everyday for the past 6months straight and all of a sudden it started making a loud hissing noise it seems**** to be coming near/ around the fuel distributor on the left side, im assuming its a vacuum leak, I don't really smell any odors of any kind, is there a hose in particular that it could be? Any help would be awesome thanks!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Maybe post some pics of your vacuum hoses around that area?
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Cool

I get some in the day tomorrow sean

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Vacuum leak. Check the vacuum hoses in the area and the plumbing going to and from the idle motor. Also make sure the plug is over the mixture screw.
    David Teitelbaum

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Brandon,

I recently had the exact same thing happening with #16128. Eventually, with assistance at my last tech session, we found a poor mating surface at the W pipe. Removed, cleaned, re-installed and all was well. Hope yours will be as easy as that. It improved my MPG by a couple of gallons/mile as well. Good luck! Fixed that brake booster yet?

Yea darren that sounds about where mine is coming from to, but I just started her up a hour ago and now its not making the noise or driving crappy go figure lol, and no I still haven't fixed the booster yet I know I really need to, im about due for a clutch also