FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Remote Zilla Operation?

Question Remote Zilla Operation?

My car is equipped with Lockzilla and Remotezilla.

The remote has the unlock and lock button as well as two other buttons that are not currently in use.

Since I have been driving the car I have been experiencing intermittent operation of the remote. Most of the time when I press the lock button it works; sometimes I will keep pushing the lock button and nothing happens(the light blinks on the remote and that's it).
    Often when I hit the unlock button, nothing happens(light blinks on remote and that's it).

What could be the problem here?

Also, what other functions does the remotezilla do? One time I had the remote in my pocket and must have pushed a combination of buttons and the lights started flashing and I heard a light chime sound...what is that?

Thanks!

Josh Q

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I posted the Zilla instructions to the dmctalk.COM Resources forum area. I will send you PDFs when I get home tonight.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    I posted the Zilla instructions to the dmctalk.COM Resources forum area. I will send you PDFs when I get home tonight.
    Thanks man!

No response from Bob Zilla yet...

However, I have figured out that the doors will always unlock if I press and hold both the lock and unlock button at the same time for more than a few seconds. The lock button seems to work 99% of the time...the unlock button less than half the time....so for now I will just press both buttons to unlock the doors.....

Question Lockzilla remote

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    No response from Bob Zilla yet...

However, I have figured out that the doors will always unlock if I press and hold both the lock and unlock button at the same time for more than a few seconds. The lock button seems to work 99% of the time...the unlock button less than half the time....so for now I will just press both buttons to unlock the doors.....

I just bought my '81 (Vin 5220) and inherited a lockzilla. On the bench, the lockzilla works fine but my remote key fob (which has a brand new battery and lights up just fine when I press any one of the 4 buttons) won't talk to the receiver unit. The PDF reprogramming instructions off the web refer to a pair of buttons "under the receiver unit accessed by removing paper circles". These don't exist on my receiver unit but somewhere else I read that the receiver's unconnected yellow wire is used for reprogramming the transmitter and receiver. Does anyone know the procedure for reprogramming using the yellow wire? Thks in advance.