FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's up for a McRib?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Who's up for a McRib?

I have a pretty heavy disdain for a lot of fast foods(not all)...not only do I think they are an extremely poor choice health wise, but I believe if people saw the process of how a lot of these products are made(like McNuggets, etc.), they would puke at the thought. The recent news of the McRib got me wondering and I came across this from a few years ago...

http://www.foodfacts.info/mcrib/

I ate one a few years ago and I remember getting a bite that wasn't saturated in sauce...blehhhhh!

Last edited by Michael; 11-11-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: I didn't punctuate a conjuction and I didn't want the spelling Nazis to think that I was stupid or lazy, also added a pic
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Oddly enough, last Friday night when I ended up in the ER, I had a McRib for lunch and proceeded to projectile vomit it back out of my system around 10pm....
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I've been there. I do cave in from time to time and eat fast food. It seems like everytime I ate anything at McD's I found my stomach cramping shortly after. Maybe I am just not used to the food since I don't eat it anymore. In any event it was never a good night after a lunch at Mcd's. I found this quote from the recent news article wondering what's in a McRib:

What's the meat made of?
    Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

gross, makes me glad im a vegetarian.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Ever read "Fast Food Nation"? I recommend it....but you won't touch fast food again unless you're desperate.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Not being a native of these shores I regularly come across various pop culture items that while commonplace to many, are alien to me. Usually keen to experience new things and understand pop cultural references, I will usually give them a try. Hence my one and only White Castle burger a few years back.

Similar story with the McRib - I admit that I was taken in by the hype of the advert. It's Back! Wow, this McRib burger must be really great that people are making such a fuss about it. Sort of looked forward to having one all morning.

Smelled good, but that first bite! Wtf is this made of? It had the texture of a used shoe insert. It's not often I can't complete a meal, but that was one of them. Even made the fries taste OK.

So I worked out why they are only occasionally available - so people can forget how awful they are between "limited time availability".
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    6125

I think the McRib is one of those cultural foods that people tend to remember it tasting better than it actually does.

It always reminds me of that simpsons episode with the Ribwich.

Just for your info. Some time ago, I worked for a meat packing company, any one ever thought of where the ground meat came from?

All meat packing companies would process their meat cuts and pack them, then all the remaining bones go thru a conveyor belt where a lot of workers (mostly of Asian origen, for some reason), clean the bones out of any remaining traces of meat. In order to clean the bone all the way to "the bone", they use a special knife called "Whizard Knife", see the picture bellow:

This meat goes mostly to the hamburger industry, some transform in other products. This is clean meat but is not what the companies wanted you to believe.

Some pork meat make it to the McRib sandwitch while other goes to our Hungry-Man ribs plate.

Note: Ribs are sold as a "rack", so rib bones are not cleaned. My question is: Where the McRib sandwitch got its name from?
    Last edited by LEVY; 11-12-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    My question is: Where the McRib sandwitch got its name from?
    must be from the press-formed shape only.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    .Just for your info. Some time ago, I worked for a meat packing company, any one ever thought of where the ground meat came from?
    Same goes for the turkey industry. I worked at a Butterball turkey plant for a couple summers while in school. They use these same types of knives (and the mesh glove too!)

Anyone remember back when McDonald's had pizzas? And not just the small, single serving pizzas. But at one point they had large family sized pizza that they would bring to you at your table and put on this red, metal tray contraption. Now that's old school.

EDIT: Gotta love Google... it's number 4. http://listverse.com/2009/05/30/top-...alds-products/
    Last edited by Jonathan; 11-12-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast