FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VIN: 2964 Wings-A-Loft System! Door poppers and alarm!

My VIN:    2964

Here are other pictures I forgot to post!!

Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    2964

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    I have a Deluxe system with door poppers and alarm that I have not had time to install yet.

Can anyone give me an estimate of how long this would take to install?

I would like to hook up the door locks, door poppers, flashing lights for confirmation, and probably not install the ignition kill at this time.

I am assuming I'll be in the lower halves of the doors and the left and right electrical compartments behind the seats.

An overview would be nice, The box is currently buried in the garage.

Tom
    It is very intimidating!!! I kept looking at it, before I installed it, thinking, should I install this?? It does take some time, and you should take your time as well!! It took me awhile. The door locks were the easiest and a breeze!!!

I am doing alot of work on my car! First thing I started with is getting everything on the doors working; new window motors, new key lockset, new door handles, adjusting everything, then moved onto door openers and door poppers/alarm unit. I took the whole interior out to do my work easier, and to check the car anyway since I am going to do all this work.

Anything I work on, I make sure it is either cleaned/buffed/polished/painted, whatever has to be done to be in better shape than it was at stock!!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

I just put the interior back in...

It may be a while then.

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    I have a Deluxe system with door poppers and alarm that I have not had time to install yet.

Can anyone give me an estimate of how long this would take to install?

I would like to hook up the door locks, door poppers, flashing lights for confirmation, and probably not install the ignition kill at this time.

I am assuming I'll be in the lower halves of the doors and the left and right electrical compartments behind the seats.

An overview would be nice, The box is currently buried in the garage.

Tom
    As best I recall, Sean and I started on the elite about 9'ish and finished up about 7'ish with no significant breaks. We skipped the trunk and dome light and didn't seem to have the valet button. Wiring could have been neater but fixing that is for another day. Overall, very happy with it.

I believe Toby said it is generally a 12 hour job for an experienced professional with neat wiring. Also, mounting location may make it more difficult. We chose to cut out some of the sound proofing and mount on passenger side. Hope that helps.

Take the seat out and expect a sore back the next day.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Sphiend - VIN 6510
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Perhaps Welmod will come for a visit sometime soon... This sounds like more fun with a friend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3