FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DCS 2012 - Other things/sites to see in Florida before or after

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

DCS 2012 - Other things/sites to see in Florida before or after

Hey All,

Any locals, or touristy types, have any suggestions about other things to see or do in or around the Orlando area.

It's a long haul (even by plane) to get there.. so figured might as well do some other vacationing either before or after DCS.

Besides Disney (as we don't have kids) anything recommended?

Thanks

M

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Tons of things to do.
    ...but you should tell us what interests you, to better offer recommendations.

For example, being a aerospace/airplane fan, one of my favorites is the Warbirds Adventure, no fake ride here, once airborne, you will be given the controls to fly a T-6 Texan over Central Florida. You can then buy in-plane pics and/or video of your flight.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

You cannot get much more touristy in FL than taking a trip to Gatorland.

http://www.gatorland.com/

Watching gators "jump up" and grab raw chicken parts off a clothes-line.

Now that's entertainment. (LOL)

I hear they now have a zip-line ride over a few of the gator pools.

Make sure to make a stop at the Gator Cafe to sample gator meat.

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    I hear they now have a zip-line ride over a few of the gator pools.
    Rich W.
    Now that's somthing everyone should do.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    17106

Club(s):   (DOA) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Tons of things to do.
    ...but you should tell us what interests you, to better offer recommendations.

For example, being a aerospace/airplane fan, one of my favorites is the Warbirds Adventure, no fake ride here, once airborne, you will be given the controls to fly a T-6 Texan over Central Florida. You can then buy in-plane pics and/or video of your flight.

Thanks Ozzie .. the Warbirds things looks awesome ... and an argument against saying my interests.. I would have never said anything about aircraft ... but seeing that pique's my interest for sure.

If you never been to universal studios I would definitely make a stop over there

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

We have some excellent state parks. I'd like to suggest:

Ichenetukney River. it is a crystal clear river for tubing, snorkeling http://www.floridastateparks.org/ichetuckneesprings/

Blue Spring State Park
    http://floridastateparks.org/bluespring/default.cfm

It's another 8 hour drive south but I love the keys.

1.5 hours NE Daytona Beach. You can drive on the beach park your car. Hey their stainless steel why not?

1.5 ESE Cocoa beach Ron Jons surf shop. and you can even get surfing lessons.

Remember Summer is HOT 90-100 with 80-100% humidity. Starting in June the night time low is lucky to get below 80. Lastly the state bird is the mosquito.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    ...one of my favorites is the Warbirds Adventure, no fake ride here, once airborne, you will be given the controls to fly a T-6 Texan over Central Florida. You can then buy in-plane pics and/or video of your flight.
    this looks incredible! ive always wanted to fly a WWII era airplane! their prices actually seem quite reasonable, for all that you get to do... unfortunately that will have to be put on my "bucket list" for later, since im already crossing one off the list by going to DCS!

someday...
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    05141

almost 20 hours to fly up-and-down. No extra flying for me. and I do not like to fly either.

Great thread!! I was also looking to add some extra as I will be there for a whole week.
    Kennedy space centre will certainly be on the programme. the keys are a bit too far for me, and I've seen it. There is a town where 'the truman show" was filmed. I wanted to go see that, but is is way in the north of Florida, so also too far. I do not want to spend too much driving (a rental car) I want to stay within a 2 to max 3 hours of driving each direction.
    DMC-Florida crossed my mind...

For the parks,
    Epcot for sure, We have the magic kingdom in Paris already, MGM, maybe and an afternoon of Typhoon lagoon (waterpark) probably.

Any intereting aviation museum?
    John

Steering with power

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Kennedy Space center sounds like a good idea. I'm wondering what I am going to do in Orlando since I have ZERO interest in Disney World.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast