FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DMC-24: 4 seater DeLorean

My VIN:    Custodian of 5307

John,

You might want to check out the new ac units that DMCCA is starting to put in a car its compact and all electronic, no vacuum, also the WCC Delorean is going with "vintage air"

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

wow again that is just bitchin! i hope to see that in person one day too! such great work too, a real quality conversion. Im really wish the regular D had that rear suspension. so much wasted space is utilized in a great way in this car. too bad i couldnt drive that and have some with legs in the rear seat.

Let us know when you start a proper convertible D.

My VIN:    01955

They should had made this an option than to worry about golf clubs (yes, I dont play the sport). Would love a 4 seater D and this matches my wishes!

Awesome job! Now, who's going to build a "shooting brake" D?

My VIN:    01974

Too bad JZD didn't get to see this. I think he would have loved to see it and know that it could have been done.

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    They should had made this an option than to worry about golf clubs (yes, I dont play the sport).
    Actually, you can still fit the golf clubs - the top half of the rear seats fold down making the rear seating area into a huge parcel shelf! So if it was done like this from the beginning you'd have the choice - the kids or the golf clubs.

I'll get a pic of the rear seats folded down and post it soon.

John

Quote Originally Posted by fnzen View Post
    John,

You might want to check out the new ac units that DMCCA is starting to put in a car its compact and all electronic, no vacuum, also the WCC Delorean is going with "vintage air"
    Hi Fnzen,

What make/model is DMCCA using? Sounds interesting!

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Tamir A. View Post
    One question though, are you thinking of redoing the seats in leather/vinyl, or sticking with the cloth?
    I like the cloth seats in it for the moment, but yes someday I'd like to convert to black leather. I'll keep my eye out for a set of leather Alpine GTA seats and hopefully pick up a bargain someday.

John

My VIN:    Former Owner

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Absolutely Amazing! Great work John.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by DMCJOHN View Post
    Forgot to mention, this car also has power steering, rear anti-roll bar, upgraded brakes, custom stainless dual exhaust system (twin separate mufflers) and a few other changes along the way such as all pipework being routed inside the center tunnel of the frame rather than outside it (brakes, clutch, fuel, coolant). It was also converted from automatic to manual as part of the build process.
    John, old thread - I just found it! Great work! I'd love to hear more about the brakes and power steering (the wife really wants power steering on her car!) Is it electric, hydraulic, or hydraulic on a electric pump? Can you say what rack you used and how much modification it took?

Question

Are there any pictures of what this conversion looks like from under the louvers/lower engine cover in the engine bay?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast