FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DMC-24: 4 seater DeLorean

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    Are there any pictures of what this conversion looks like from under the louvers/lower engine cover in the engine bay?
    We've sent a request into John about it. It seems he removed them for some reason.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    We've sent a request into John about it. It seems he removed them for some reason.
    men-in-black-neuralizer.jpg
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by fnzen View Post
    John,

You might want to check out the new ac units that DMCCA is starting to put in a car its compact and all electronic, no vacuum, also the WCC Delorean is going with "vintage air"

I asked about this today. Its the same model several DMC franchises have installed already - it uses the oem compressor and evaporator but it has a new accumulator, new condenser, heater core and enclosure under the dash. The new parts will run about $3k installed, not including the stock equipment. It's supposed to run cooler.

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Sorry guys, I'll fix the posts in a few weeks - I'm out of the country at the moment but will fix it up asap and will upload more pictures of the 4 seater, including details on the electric power steering conversion which should be available as a DIY kit for anyone interested.

Thanks for the info on the A/C units!

Regards,
    John

My VIN:    05141

I saw this at Eurofest. I was also surprised by his work.
    It was announced way in advance that the only 4-seater Delorean in the world was going to be there... and when I expected it to be in the dining room (lile the BTF car was last edition) it was not.
    This man has put many hours into this car all of us wanted to see. He was in a tight time frame as well near the end. He did give a speech of how he did it this evening, but I think he deserved to have this car in the room than.

I saw it on a trailer at first at the factory in dunmurry on saturday, so I did not give it all the attention I wanted to.
    Looks impressive, but I do not think it was intended to have 4 adults in the car, that might be too small for it. But hey, I'd enjoy taking both my kids with me while now there is arguing sometime who can come along with the delorean.
    I liked his alloys as well.

Awesome job!!!

John

Hi John,

Thanks - I'm glad you liked the car! Unfortunately time was against me coming up to the show and I didn't manage to have the car running. This was the reason it was not on display in the ballroom at the Europa - it would have been too risky to get the car into the ballroom without it running (and having good brakes!). I towed it up to Belfast but then unfortunately the trailer was too wide to fit into the parking garage at the hotel, so the car had to be stored at a friends house in Belfast.

Given that it was a bit awkward to manouver the trailer around, I didn't bring it out on the Friday drive, but did have it at the factory on the Saturday as you mentioned, still sitting on the trailer. It was also on display off the trailer at the Transport Museum, beside the concours cars where a few people sat in the back seat!

The back seat is not really intended for adults, just for kids like a 2+2 car. My wife fits there but she is quite small - however our kids fit in it great and have loads of room, so I'm really looking forward to taking them for a drive in it.

I hope in a few weeks to be able to post much better pics of the car on the Irish DeLorean website, along with a writeup on how it was built and some video's of it being driven, and I'll post an update in this thread then to let you all know.

Thanks,
    John

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Hello John,
    Any update on this project?

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Hello John,
    Any update on this project?
    In additon to an update, how about providing the VIN, for the record book of course.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Sorry about the long delay putting details of the 4 seater DeLorean back online. I'm able to share details of it again from now on so I'll put a build log together over the next few days.

I'm back working on the car again now after our move to the USA - one of the jobs I want to get done in the next few weeks is get the interior finished in leather rather than the existing cloth seats.

I'm considering doing a black leather and saddle brown leather mix for the interior - not sure how it will look when finished but hopefully it would look good.

I got a full set of new DMCH carpets in black on the way (the set James Espey was selling last week) - so to contrast off the black carpets - do you think saddle brown seats with white stitching would look good? Then maybe a black dash, binnacle and center console, with saddle brown again for the knee pads and parts of the door panels, along with saddle again for the headliners?

The colour of saddle brown I have in mind would be like the new mustangs, as pictured below:

36mustang2010.jpg

What would ye think? Any suggestions before I go ahead with this are appreciated!

Thanks,
    John

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

You're going to put together a 4 seater DeLorean kit when you're finished right? haha

Sounds good to me! Post pics!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast