FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Bad DeLorean story

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Bad DeLorean story

For once, a bad story about 01632 not caused by the car.

Today we got released at 2 for the four day weekend (). I went to a local shopping area to get coffee, shop, get my hair done, etc. I'm sitting outside the coffee shop when I notice some guy looking at the car. Not concerned, I returned to my coffee. A few minutes later, he was still there, but not looking at her. Instead he was circling her slowly and kind of scanning the area. For those of you who know me on facebook, this is where I decided I was displeased with the situation and mentally gave him 30 seconds to get away from my car. To my relief, he did.

A few minutes later I was in the store right next to the car when I glance out the window and see the same guy there. He's staring at the car so I decide to go out there and see what's up. As I start walking towards him he starts poking the lock with his finger. That did it. I basically told him to get the f^#% away from my car before I completely ruined his day, and likely his face along with it. He sneered to the point of almost shoving his upper lip in his nose and walked away. He had best pray for God's mercy, because he sure as hell won't get mine if I see him near my car again.

Ironically, he was poking at the lock Sean disconnected me back in March.

Any one else have to deal with psychos around their cars?
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

My VIN:    1800

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    Yep, the car attracts the weird people for sure.

Last year I had my car parked in the driveway for the night. Woke up about 4 in the morning to the sound of a truck idling. I peaked out the window and sure enough there was a truck in the driveway and a couple of guys outside looking at the car. I tried to get out there as quick as I could, but I guess they heard me coming and took off. Called the police, they arrived an hour later and said they would keep an eye out by doing a few drive-bys during their shift. Nothing was stolen or broken. The cop said they probably were just wanting a closer look at the car. Well, if that’s the case, they should have came by during the day and knocked on the door. Come prowling around here at night is a good way to get shot.
    Nathan D.

Current owner of #1800 - June '81, Black Interior, Manual, LS4 V8 swapped

Former owner of #3455 - Twin Turbo - Aug '81, Custom Interior, Manual

Former owner of #2923 - The "Cornfield" DeLorean - Aug '81, Black Interior, Automatic

Former owner of #5788 - Oct '81, Grey Interior, Manual

YouTube - "Going Broke Garage"

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    For once, a bad story about 01632 not caused by the car.

Today we got released at 2 for the four day weekend (). I went to a local shopping area to get coffee, shop, get my hair done, etc. I'm sitting outside the coffee shop when I notice some guy looking at the car. Not concerned, I returned to my coffee. A few minutes later, he was still there, but not looking at her. Instead he was circling her slowly and kind of scanning the area. For those of you who know me on facebook, this is where I decided I was displeased with the situation and mentally gave him 30 seconds to get away from my car. To my relief, he did.

A few minutes later I was in the store right next to the car when I glance out the window and see the same guy there. He's staring at the car so I decide to go out there and see what's up. As I start walking towards him he starts poking the lock with his finger. That did it. I basically told him to get the f^#% away from my car before I completely ruined his day, and likely his face along with it. He sneered to the point of almost shoving his upper lip in his nose and walked away. He had best pray for God's mercy, because he sure as hell won't get mine if I see him near my car again.

Ironically, he was poking at the lock Sean disconnected me back in March.

You rock.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    5086

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    You rock.
    Agreed. I've not had to get mean about my car yet, but I would if some guy was scoping it out or intended it harm. When people make up their own traffic laws and put my car in jeopardy is when I get infuriated.

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Quote Originally Posted by deloreanz View Post
    Agreed. I've not had to get mean about my car yet, but I would if some guy was scoping it out or intended it harm. When people make up their own traffic laws and put my car in jeopardy is when I get infuriated.
    I think this is the first time I've ever had to get confrontational. I've dealt with the normal annoying things, but I don't think I've ever had anyone make me as edgy as this creep. And I've had people follow me home before.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.