FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Scratch Doctor (Anyone tried it on their bumper paint?

My VIN:    10452

Club(s):   (DOI)

Scratch Doctor (Anyone tried it on their bumper paint?

Hi all, the reason I wanted to take my fascia off for inspection is because as I was leaving work on friday yesterday after doing an oil change/filter at my school where I work. I was waiting to make my right hand turn out of the school and this woman had turned around and was waiting to make a left she decided to back her car up without looking and backed into my front end. I gave her the horn and she stopped but it was too late. I can't find any damage to the bumper except where she made contact with it. There is some very light discoleration small scratches if that. Should the bumper be inspected by an auto collison shop could there be internal damage I am not aware of. I can't find any cracks to the bumper and it does not appear to be out of alignment. Any advise would be great. (People need to pay attention when they are on the road) Ugh.

Felix

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Is the damage on the black orthe gray painted part? I own a small buisness that specializes in these types of repairs so whyen you get a chance, post a pic and I will be glad to offer any advice I may have.

The one thing that raised my eyebrow is if the damage is in the painted area, and if your fascias are semi-gloss, there may be a hic-up. Sanding and buffing are the most common ways to remove a scratch, and that will leave the area very glossy but I could easily spot an area like that in. The black part(depending if it's painted or still factory bare) is another story.

PS: Scratch doctor and the like are just scams. Sure they remove surface scrathes, but ANY compound would do the same thing. Before you touch it, post a pic of the damage and lets go from there.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-26-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9