FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean Car Show (DCS)

I looked at the site, and I couldn't seem to find this information: do any fluids need to be drained for DeLoreans being a part of DCS? I know the Autorama we have here requires some fluids to be drained, but some places don't care either way, so I'm not sure.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    I looked at the site, and I couldn't seem to find this information: do any fluids need to be drained for DeLoreans being a part of DCS? I know the Autorama we have here requires some fluids to be drained, but some places don't care either way, so I'm not sure.
    For DCS-12 they just filled the gas tank with nitrogen gas when you pulled inside.

For DCS-08 and DCS-10 they wanted less then a 1/4 tank of gas but nobody checked.

We put plastice under the engine at DCS-12 to protect the carpet from oil drips.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    For DCS-12 they just filled the gas tank with nitrogen gas when you pulled inside.

For DCS-08 and DCS-10 they wanted less then a 1/4 tank of gas but nobody checked.

We put plastice under the engine at DCS-12 to protect the carpet from oil drips.
    Thanks for the info! I guess I'll fill up before I leave and hope it's empty enough for the show when I arrive. It's just under 200 miles, so it'll be close!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post

What? When did the fill the tank with nitrogen?? I pulled in and out 3 times over the course of the weekend and this didnt happen to me once, lol.

At DCS-04 the did checked your gas gauge. They were supposed to at the others but it was hit or miss. No one requires draining fluids but typically if it's on carpet, plastic is expected.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    What? When did the fill the tank with nitrogen?? I pulled in and out 3 times over the course of the weekend and this didnt happen to me once, lol.

At DCS-04 the did checked your gas gauge. They were supposed to at the others but it was hit or miss. No one requires draining fluids but typically if it's on carpet, plastic is expected.
    When we pulled the car inside the first day of the show.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2