FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DMOCO Shift Gate

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I currently have the original shift boot, and shifting into 1st, 3rd, or 5th pushes the boot forward and dislodges it from the console. DMC have an improved part with a metal frame, but I think I like the metal shift plate better.
    2 very tiny black screws top and bottom solves it. Yeah, yeah, I'm "hacking" again.

No, we do not have plans to make the metal gated shifter again. The cost us too much to make, and because of the differences in shift linkage adjustments in every car, they didn't work for everyone. Josh, I look forward to seeing the shift plate you come up with, sounds interesting!

Rick
    DMOCO.com

My VIN:    5879

Did anything come of this, Josh?

hi im a customer for shift gate

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    We have a version coming out but it is VERY different. The one you are taking about caused an issue of the shifter being metal on metal with the gate piece. We have an insert that extends slightly past the shift gate edge so that when you move the shifter it runs against the plastic instead of the shift gate. These will be released in January after a bit of testing. I will have the first prototypes from stainless works in December.
    let me know when avalible [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante88 View Post
    Anyone know if they are going to make that shift gate again for the 5-speed? Its quite an enticing product.
    For sale here: DMOCO.com

My VIN:    16245

Mine is on the way!

Hey Rick.. has anyone done anything like found a thin metal tube to slide over the shifter, to protect it?

Thanks
    Jeff
    Q: How do you make a small fortune restoring a DeLorean?
    A: Start out with a large fortune!

Vin 16245 (83, 5sp Blk) aka Stinky

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by DMOCO Rick View Post
    For sale here: DMOCO.com
    Rick,

Just checked out the DMOCO Auto Shifter Emblem $17.95 and when I select 2, the shipping doubles (from $8 to $16)! Is that correct? Surely 2 emblems in the same packet would not cost twice as much to ship?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
    Mine is on the way!

Hey Rick.. has anyone done anything like found a thin metal tube to slide over the shifter, to protect it?

Thanks
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for your order. So far we haven't figured out a way to put a sleeve or protect the shifter shaft. We are open to any ideas on how to improve this.

Thanks,

Rick
    DMOCO.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIMid View Post
    Rick,

Just checked out the DMOCO Auto Shifter Emblem $17.95 and when I select 2, the shipping doubles (from $8 to $16)! Is that correct? Surely 2 emblems in the same packet would not cost twice as much to ship?

Thanks for pointing this out. I just corrected shipping costs, including for international. It should be same cost for 1 or 2 emblems.

Thanks,

Rick
    DMOCO.com

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
    Mine is on the way!

Thanks
    Jeff
    Be good if we could use something like shrink tubing for electrical wires. If there was one wide enough we could slip over the stick then shrink.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast