FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Auto shipping companies

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by alexwolf1216 View Post
    I want to get my doors aligned and contoured so they close right. Damned if its not $1500, which is a bit much for just that process. Wish there was someone in San Antonio that could do it!
    Where were you planning to ship the car?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

The cheapest was Phoenix to dpi. I'm in San Antonio so it's the closest by 8 hours.

Auto shipping companies

Wow, I would have thought DMCH was a lot closer and it is. I guess your not interested in taking your car there for door work,huh.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-16-2015 at 08:53 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Wow, I would have thought DMCH was a lot closer and it is. I guess your not interested in taking your car there for door work,huh.
    +1

Houston is a short trip over I-10 from San Antonio, relatively speaking. I've been to DMCH several times and I live in Dallas. I've also purchased parts from DPI, though I've not been to their facilities. No issues with either of those outfits.
    Jeff

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    No, I had a bad experience there the first time I had my Delorean, in 2005. I have also had a problem with every order placed there on this new one. I tend to get a little apprehensive when its a continual theme.

I kinda figured as much.
    DENNIS

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    +1

Houston is a short trip over I-10 from San Antonio, relatively speaking. I've been to DMCH several times and I live in Dallas. I've also purchased parts from DPI, though I've not been to their facilities. No issues with either of those outfits.
    Remember that time the mail carrier ran over your box of shocks? Classic! Still fighting the claim!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    4519

I used Stateway for open transport; price and service were reasonable.

My VIN:    2186

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    I always suggest to any collectable car owner to join AAA and get the maximum 200 mile tow coverage if they ever travel long distance to shows or other destinations.
    In the meantime I recently found a small tower who has good equipment, works weekends, is very hospitable and best of all has the best prices I've seen in years. He predominantly works the NorthEast but will go almost anywhere when his schedule permits. He does Florida and west coast runs occasionally as well. If someone wants to come here for service, but doesn't want to foot the high bills I've seen from other towers, he give...epecially if I give him multple pickups and dropoffs at one time. He is a three man operation with multiple trucks and a large storage facility. Give him a try and mention we recommended him and he'll give you a good price and great service. He does enclosed transport for us but probably does open too at even lower prices.
    [email protected] John Ganssle (845)721-7906
    I am in the process of trying to find a transport company to ship my just-purchased-last-week DeLorean from MI to CA. I tried emailing ABB Shippers but that email address no longer works.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Paone View Post
    I am in the process of trying to find a transport company to ship my just-purchased-last-week DeLorean from MI to CA. I tried emailing ABB Shippers but that email address no longer works.
    Congrats on the new purchase!!

Am getting nothing in a web search for them, either.

You may want to look this article over - it has a few of the bigger outfits listed. Reliable and Plycar are the ones I've seen working in Northern Calif. most often, usually at a collectible dealer.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2403

Intercity Lines is another nationally recognized brand. Others here may chime in with their faves.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3