FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 799 of 920 FirstFirst ... 299 699 749 789 797 798 799 800 801 809 849 899 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

I dumped a bottle of fuel injector cleaner into my tank and drove about 10 miles. It may be my imagination but it seems to be running very smooth now. With a standard transmission you tend to feel engine problems more so than an auto.

So when I got home I put the dwell meter on it an it was reading 50 deg. So something changed and I set it 40 deg. Then I checked the tail pipe AFR and it still reads around 15.2 AFR. I wonder if my new narrow band O2 sensor can be setting the wrong mixture. I've never heard of a narrow band sensor not making 14.7 AFR. I do miss my wideband unit in the car. It was so nice getting 14.7 AFR after 15 seconds of engine running.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Refinished my windshield trim panel. It's held up great since 2006 but the finish has some high/low areas that could be hidden with a little dressing and I didn't want that greasy look. I cleaned, sanded with 800 to get some bite, few coats of trim black followed by 2 coats of SEM 1k matt clear. It should hold up well considering it's garaged 99% of the time. Did the A pillar trims too so everything matches.

20190912_185715.jpg20190912_185624.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks great
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

I drove it from Colorado to California last night into today. ~17 hours manhandling a DeLorean across the western US. It was generally fine except...

- Colorado decided to thunderstorm in Denver, dump a white out snow storm on me in the mountains just before Vail, and throw a heavy rain storm and some occasional light hail once in Vail. The snow almost completely covered my headlamps so I had to limp at 20ish mph down the center of I-70 attempting to make out the center lines as best I could. Actually quite terrifying.

- Oh my high beams seem to not want to work. Went to flip em on....POOF DARKNESS. Guessing a fuse or relay. I'll check it later.

- And for the best one...I discovered my A/C doesn't work (mostly) right after passing Las Vegas and the greenhouse effect took full hold. Had to rely on the vents and windows (and my arm out the window to deflect air in) to cool myself as best I could. Good thing today was rather temperate out west. I know it had a VERY slow leak when I first got it and had recharged it with some alternative R12 (not 132) which held it seems till at least I got it to Colorado. Didn't really use the A/C after that till now. I think I may still have some cans of the stuff to refill it as a first attempt and go from there. The compressor properly engages and tries to cool but it just isn't enough. I was disgusting when I arrived here to say the least.

Overall tho...things went well. It still shakes like a frightened puppy. Otherwise the overheat issue I experienced a month ago on a preliminary run did not occur. Seems on my car if you avoid initial stop and go traffic the temp stays right in the middle between 180 and 220 and the actual radiator cap never starts leaking. I ran the fan initially with the AC on but eventually realized even just the air flow from highway speeds alone was enough even in the daytime (though I kicked the AC on to enable the fans when I hit some stop and go traffic to be safe).

calihome.jpg

Ignore that loaner Nissan...my other car had an incident so it is being repaired right now.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Finished replacing a few LEDs in the instrument cluster that died. 100% funtional now.
    The car is now 99% LED. Only the headlights remain. (and the engine compartment and dome lights, but those are all unplugged; I never ever use them)

Installed a new speedometer lower cable support bracket

About 9.5 yrs ago I had replaced the OE fender mounted antenna with a much shorter generic rubber antenna. It still looked bad, but was an improvement over the practically CB height of the OE antenna. I never listen to the radio, so it's worthless to me. I've had the hardest time finding a plug that fits the hole (especially since its not round- it's pear shaped) but finally got it taken care of yesterday. I picked up a 7/8' plastic plug from Lowes. I spent a while shaving away bits of the edge sliver by sliver until it it finally fit flush all around. It's black, but still so much better.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    04629

My car was on jacks due to troubleshooting a serious gas leak, which I successfully repaired and with no leaks now. (old fuel lines)

I decided to add an additional ground wire via the Inertia Switch and the hidden chassis ground bolt. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...ge-reading-low

I'm quite surprised how this mod affected both the reading of my voltage gauge and the running of my fuel pump, very happy with the results for such a simple improvement to the cars' electrical system.
    Last edited by ritztoys; 09-13-2019 at 08:41 AM.

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Well fixed the high beams. It was a bad relay. Luckily I kept a spare in the glove box. Wish I had just did it when I first noticed it.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Refinished my windshield trim panel. It's held up great since 2006 but the finish has some high/low areas that could be hidden with a little dressing and I didn't want that greasy look. I cleaned, sanded with 800 to get some bite, few coats of trim black followed by 2 coats of SEM 1k matt clear. It should hold up well considering it's garaged 99% of the time. Did the A pillar trims too so everything matches.
    Beautiful work. Inspires me to do the same.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    My car was on jacks due to troubleshooting a serious gas leak, which I successfully repaired and with no leaks now. (old fuel lines)

I decided to add an additional ground wire via the Inertia Switch and the hidden chassis ground bolt. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...ge-reading-low

I'm quite surprised how this mod affected both the reading of my voltage gauge and the running of my fuel pump, very happy with the results for such a simple improvement to the cars' electrical system.
    Can you say specifically what you did here? I know that thread you mentioned is about 15 posts long, and there was talk of cutting ground wires as well as just adding a ground wire. I'd much rather just add a wire than have to cut anything if possible. Is that what you did? Just add an additional wire from the black wire connection on the inertia switch straight to a grounding bolt (near the driver's feet I think it mentioned)?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Can you say specifically what you did here? I know that thread you mentioned is about 15 posts long, and there was talk of cutting ground wires as well as just adding a ground wire. I'd much rather just add a wire than have to cut anything if possible. Is that what you did? Just add an additional wire from the black wire connection on the inertia switch straight to a grounding bolt (near the driver's feet I think it mentioned)?
    If you don't cut the ground wire from the inertia switch you will still be conducting some current through the dash gauge ground wire. I guess if you use a very heavy gauge new wire and get a good frame ground it would work.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 799 of 920 FirstFirst ... 299 699 749 789 797 798 799 800 801 809 849 899 ... LastLast