Page 646 of 660 FirstFirst ... 146 546 596 636 644 645 646 647 648 656 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 6593

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

  1. #6451
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    395

    My VIN:    11035

    My DeLorean is a toy compared to my wifes Challenger R/T Shaker. Lol

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  2. #6452
    Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Location:  San Diego, CA

    Posts:    51

    My VIN:    10353

    20170415_185353.jpg
    Installed some LED interior lights and wired them to the dome light so either door opening will turn everything on. Looks very 80's!

  3. #6453
    Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Bunker Hill, West Virginia

    Posts:    395

    My VIN:    11035

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    20170415_185353.jpg
    Installed some LED interior lights and wired them to the dome light so either door opening will turn everything on. Looks very 80's!
    Thats sharp looking! I did that to mine but I have been wired to my lights for driving at night. Like how you have them to the doors.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

  4. #6454
    Senior Member rickjames8's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Northern Virginia, near Washington DC.

    Posts:    190

    My VIN:    5470

    Wired up standard door lock actuators and got them to reliably pop the door, every time. Took several tries with different configurations, but I finally got it (at 1:07am!) I'll post a write up on it if anyone is interested. I used a $27 kit from Amazon which included the remote module and 4 actuators. 1 actuator will lock/unlock each door, and the remaining 2 actuators are being used to pop the drivers door. I drive the car solo 99% of the time, so having both doors pop was not important to me.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    For about an extra 20 bucks, you could get the gear to pop both doors...

  5. #6455
    Member adam_knox's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    88

    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames8 View Post
    Wired up standard door lock actuators and got them to reliably pop the door, every time. Took several tries with different configurations, but I finally got it (at 1:07am!) I'll post a write up on it if anyone is interested. I used a $27 kit from Amazon which included the remote module and 4 actuators. 1 actuator will lock/unlock each door, and the remaining 2 actuators are being used to pop the drivers door. I drive the car solo 99% of the time, so having both doors pop was not important to me.

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    For about an extra 20 bucks, you could get the gear to pop both doors...
    Hey, a write up would be awesome if you get the time!

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

  6. #6456
    Senior Member rickjames8's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Northern Virginia, near Washington DC.

    Posts:    190

    My VIN:    5470

    Quote Originally Posted by adam_knox View Post
    Hey, a write up would be awesome if you get the time!

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Done. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15...opper&p=217224

  7. #6457
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2015

    Location:  Novi, MI

    Posts:    168

    My VIN:    4665

    Replaced my passenger window. Thank goodness for Josh's excellent YouTube videos. Never, ever, want to do that job again.

    While I was inside the door I replaced the missing vapor barrier and swapped out the factory lock solenoid with Toby's replacement actuator.

  8. #6458
    Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Location:  San Diego, CA

    Posts:    51

    My VIN:    10353

    20170425_182208.jpg20170425_190418.jpg

    Ordered a big pack of those scotch-brite pads off Amazon and tested it out on some surface scratches on my bonnet. Was careful to avoid too much pressure and used some regular old oven/stainless surface cleaner. Still some scratches left but overall I think it looks much better for 30 mins of work! Can't wait to get to the rest of the car.

  9. #6459
    Awesome member
    Join Date:  Sep 2016

    Location:  Ann Arbor, MI

    Posts:    53

    My VIN:    5292

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    20170425_182208.jpg20170425_190418.jpg

    Ordered a big pack of those scotch-brite pads off Amazon and tested it out on some surface scratches on my bonnet. Was careful to avoid too much pressure and used some regular old oven/stainless surface cleaner. Still some scratches left but overall I think it looks much better for 30 mins of work! Can't wait to get to the rest of the car.
    Looks great!

  10. #6460
    Member madstudios's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Posts:    63

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    20170425_182208.jpg20170425_190418.jpg

    Ordered a big pack of those scotch-brite pads off Amazon and tested it out on some surface scratches on my bonnet. Was careful to avoid too much pressure and used some regular old oven/stainless surface cleaner. Still some scratches left but overall I think it looks much better for 30 mins of work! Can't wait to get to the rest of the car.
    Looks awesome!


    Fernando Silotto. Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Delorean Vin 3772

Page 646 of 660 FirstFirst ... 146 546 596 636 644 645 646 647 648 656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •