FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 428 of 920 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I believe the latest version of the DMCH adapter is longer than the original one they used to sell. A spacer is not required for that one. I also checked the DMCH website. They currently show $0.00 (no stock) for the adapter.
    The DMCH one is NLA - the new one is by DMCMW.
    Chris

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    The DMCH one is NLA - the new one is by DMCMW.
    Was not aware of that, thanks.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Found the leak.

Found water in the oil so I pulled this intake and found this little hole, time to research my options.

IMAG2186.jpg
    Mike Lowrey VIN# 3830

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    just for curiosity, is it possible to remove both headlight assemblies without taking off the front fascia?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Yes, I did it early this year when I was a new owner, but I think it's a PITA and too much risk of scratching the fascia (like I did.)

After dealing with all the different headlight assembly screws & fasteners, then comparing that to removing the fascia, my preference is to remove the fascia.

It's not only easier & less risk [for me,] it's also faster.

Here's a pic of when I did it:

P2020060.jpg

My VIN:    4519

Headlight assemblies and eyebrow repair on Thursday-Friday.... A/C flush, vacuum, and charge on Saturday.
    Headlight assy 1.jpg Headlight assy 2.jpg
    aStraightFasciaAfter.jpg

My VIN:    754

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I'm pretty excited as I just placed my first two orders for parts!! From Hervey, I have reconditioned front and rear brake calipers, master cylinder, and front and rear rotors on the way!! From DMCH, I have miscellaneous interior parts.

I cannot wait!!!!!

Just make sure and do a follow up call to Hervey. Its the old school way to handle orders. after my checkup call found out my order was misplaced, but he took care of it quick. Product was very satisfactory(ac hoses). Good luck!

My VIN:    754

Rebuilt my clutch master cylinder and replaced fuel pump. Now to bleed it!

My VIN:    01955

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Thought I had a picture uploaded here of the frame extension work I did recently, can't find it though. Here's a shot of the brake fluid damage I fixed inside the fuel tank area a couple of years ago...
    Thanks Chris!

I managed to paint under the frame over the weekend (scuffed parts). Yeah, it was lighter in colour but it's definitely strong/lethal stuff! If I could redo the whole frame, this would be the stuff to use!

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Went for a cruise with Dan O'connel (2991) and took along Homer the puppy.

Deloreans are amaze balls, but a Delorean AND a puppy?! Face melter.

This is ingenious, Dave! A great way to attrackt chicks to the car. Like bait'n switch!
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Went to a car show in Summerland, BC on Saturday. What an awesome crowd and the car's there were a great mix. Nice weather and the drive from Vancouver through the Cascades was epic.

IMG_0846[1].jpg

Met a fellow DeLorean colleague there who says that he is just starting with getting to know and use the Internet better. He had two DeLoreans so far and sold one but could not stand the void and now has this one.

IMG_0848[1].jpg

It is VIN 11238 and he kept it in great condition. He researched a lot on his own and found a lot of replacement parts due to the lack of access to DMCH or this great forum. He is a time capsule owner from before the Internet times. We exchanged contacts and I will see how our little crowd in the lower mainland can help him to keep his beauty on the road.

He built this:
    IMG_0849[1].jpg

He said that it always looked as if you could "look the DeLorean under the skirt" and he felt the need to get this resolved. He wants to redo this one day and make it out of a solid piece of stainless. It finishes off the line of the car and he is right. I am not sure if the muffler can still get efficiently cooled though. But it is a great idea.

He was very interested in Dave McKeen's relays and I will connect the two to do some business.

He sold his first D to a friend in Surrey, BC and he said that they were unable to get it started. I will see if we can connect witht his guy as well and see what we can do for him.

3922 performed very well. The Fan Fail started to flash a code on the way to Kelowna and I will have to find out what that code was. It did not do it on the way back. The driver's side front wheel bearing started to squeek. Very annoying. It goes away for a bit if you break but will come back. Dave G. already told me that it is not an expensive part and I will order it soon.

I will probably start another thread with some pics from the show.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Page 428 of 920 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 528 ... LastLast