FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 285 of 920 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 785 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 9196

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    5879

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Are any of these hard fuel lines the ones which would require the body to be lifted up slightly off the frame to get at and replace? I don't know from my own experience, I just heard that sort of comment at one point...

I need to replace my fuel filter one of these days and I don't need to snap anything borderline impossible to fix in the process. We broke a hard fuel line a couple seasons ago doing the accumulator, but that pin hole was in an accessible area. If one line got twisted enough to leak/develop a pin hole, my assumption would be the rest of them could be candidates as well.
    In case you hadn't already seen it, I posted a while back detailing my fix for precisely this problem. Hope that helps. Feel free to reach out for any details not covered in the post/video. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gongloo View Post
    Managed to replace both hard lines with properly rated rubber fuel hose without lifting the body off of the frame. The trick: buying a cheap borescope (Harbor Freight). Might have been able to do without it, but I figure it's a neat tool to have.

Further details in the video description.

Last edited by gongloo; 09-03-2013 at 05:13 PM.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Traced an a/c leak to the Schrader valve core on the accumulator behind the low pressure switch. Replaced it with a new valve core. Pulled vacuum on the system, waited 90 minutes. Gauges hadn't budged. Dumped a can of R-134a in the system before it was time to call it a night.
    Did you replace the switch? When that switch is in place the Schrader is actually open. It is only there so you can change the switch without dumping the system.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3299

Started installation of Toby's Remote Trunk Opening Kit. Mechanical portion is complete:

DSCF0147.jpg
    DSCF0148.jpg
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Started installation of Toby's Remote Trunk Opening Kit. Mechanical portion is complete:

DSCF0147.jpg
    DSCF0148.jpg
    That's cool. Didn't even know this was available. What would be the need for this out of curiosity?
    Barry

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    That's cool. Didn't even know this was available. What would be the need for this out of curiosity?
    The mod allows one to open the hood to access the storage compartment without having to opening the driver's door and manually pull the release lever. Why you would want this is akin to the way that most modern cars offer the option (if not a standard feature) to remotely pop the trunk - convenience.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Drove to work. I thought I knew pain before today - but the charley horse from driving a manual D in traffic wearing brand new Red Wings.... OW!

Anyone else (besides Clint, I've seen your fanciness...) have driving shoes for the D? My feet are pretty big and those pedals are pretty tight. I might look into some Pilotis...
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    891, 1045

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Drove to work. I thought I knew pain before today - but the charley horse from driving a manual D in traffic wearing brand new Red Wings.... OW!

Anyone else (besides Clint, I've seen your fanciness...) have driving shoes for the D? My feet are pretty big and those pedals are pretty tight. I might look into some Pilotis...
    I've got a couple pair of real slim fitting Pumas that're perfect for that.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post

I like my Made in USA New Balance 587. Most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned!

http://www.newbalance.com/New-Balanc...mbo&prefv1=Men

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    I've got a couple pair of real slim fitting Pumas that're perfect for that.
    I was thinking about taking the Skip Barber Mazdaspeed MX5 3 Day Racing School at Sebring. http://www.skipbarber.com/Sebring.asp A friend of mine took the class and said it was one of the best things he has done. If he can get the time off he wants to do it again.

I called and asked a bunch of questions and they suggested Puma "Driving" Shoes. I didn't know they made "Driving" shoes.http://www.zappos.com/puma-driver#!/...?t=puma+driver
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Pretty much everything Nightflyer said. An ex bought this for me back in 2007, but it needs a microcontroller to work (something like WingsALoft basically). So now that I have W.A.L., figured I'd finally install it.

The amount of times I find myself "needing one more thing" from the trunk drives me nuts. I know it's a first-world problem to open the door and pull the handle, but hey, it's my first world problem .

Definitely the convenience factor - both out on the town and when working on the car/loading stuff up for a trip/tech session.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Page 285 of 920 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 785 ... LastLast