FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 866 of 920 FirstFirst ... 366 766 816 856 864 865 866 867 868 876 916 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,660 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Hope to see some more of those beauty sunrise pics you're so good at capturing.
    Finally got out for an evening drive.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Finally got out for an evening drive.

Nice!

Not sure why I said sunrise instead of sunset... must have been in some kind of COVID brain fog, lol.

IMG_1074.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Installed DM's fuel sender ECU, using stock sender.

PXL_20210513_185946432.jpg

I just finished installing wheel bearings, vented discs, coilovers and lower control arm braces on the front of the car. It all turned out pretty good.

While I had it apart I did some tests that might interest you guys. With the swaybar removed, you can pull the lower control bar front and back quite easily. (Scary) This is the supposed "flaw" that the braces fix. I did the same test with the sway bar in place and it was impossible to move the arm by hand. I was able to move it slightly with a ratchet strap. Undoubtably, the braces are a good upgrade, but if your swaybar mounts are in good shape, it might not be as necessary. I would recommend that anybody not installing braces to keep a close eye on your swaybar mounts.

In the test drive after all the work was done, it appeared that my brakes work better. Since the Deloreango kit uses the same caliper and the swept area and diameter are the same, I wouldn't really expect much improvement. The main benifit should be from multiple applications. (Which I didn't test) Probably, my oem discs were to scared from rust.

I also pulled my dead clock out and installed the change holder from DMC. While I was in there, I replaced the cigarette lighter with a new socket. (My lighter didn't work either) In the case of the lighter, there wasn't any wires in the console to power it. The bottom of the socket was gone. I did some testing and found that the clock wiring was still functional and used it for power to the lighter. I imagine I won't have allot of power available with the clock power, but it works the lighter and a GPS I tested. I really liked the short unobtrusive lighter that Delorean used, but it wouldn't fit in the new socket. (I was warned of this in another thread) I will be on the lookout for a differnt lighter that is closer to stock.

My VIN:    03572

My car has always felt to sensitive on the steering at cruse speeds. It's like fighting the steering just to drive straight. No effort to move the wheel. So I adjusted the toe in 1/2 a turn on each wheel and I think it fixed that problem.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    In the case of the lighter, there wasn't any wires in the console to power it. The bottom of the socket was gone. I did some testing and found that the clock wiring was still functional and used it for power to the lighter. I imagine I won't have allot of power available with the clock power, but it works the lighter and a GPS I tested.
    Normally, the wire feeding the clock is the same one feeding the lighter (purple).
    It's fed by fuse 17 (20 Amps).

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Normally, the wire feeding the clock is the same one feeding the lighter (purple).
    It's fed by fuse 17 (20 Amps).
    There were four wires going to the clock on mine. I used the red and black ones. (Seemed right at the time) I cut the other two off and taped them up.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    There were four wires going to the clock on mine. I used the red and black ones. (Seemed right at the time) I cut the other two off and taped them up.
    The OEM clock has red, black, green and a blue wires of its own. The purple goes to that red.

My VIN:    4665

Replaced front sway bar and lower control arm bushings with DPNW poly kit. I've got to believe what I took out, or fell out with no effort were likely the original factory components. Very happy with the results.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Today I started the restoration of 1005, even though I just have parts, and not the car yet.

PXL_20210601_180252269.jpgPXL_20210601_180249073.jpg

Page 866 of 920 FirstFirst ... 366 766 816 856 864 865 866 867 868 876 916 ... LastLast