FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 849 of 851 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 8502

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

  1. #8481
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2019

    Location:  Pittsburgh, PA

    Posts:    126

    My VIN:    6791

    Got my car running after 7 weeks of being in pieces.

    Incomplete list:

    New steering bushing
    New stereo
    New speaker lines
    Redid a number of seals
    Affixed driver's side window edging
    Removed a bunch of rust from handbrake bracket
    New heater return pipe, Y-pipe, some coolant hoses
    New vacuum hoses

    The car has a serious vacuum problem, which I still need to track down, but it is running - around the block anyway, so that's a huge relief.

  2. #8482
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2012

    Location:  Bay Area, CA

    Posts:    246

    This week I had some free time to attend to the door trim. Completely removed the trims and the old foam that become dust over the years. Replaced it with new upholstery pad.
    It really brings the interior back to life.



    IMG_9115 (1).jpg
    Last edited by mburshtain; 10-20-2020 at 09:02 PM.

  3. #8483
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    2,459

    My VIN:    4519

    Quote Originally Posted by mburshtain View Post
    This week I had some free time to attend to the door trim. Completely removed the trims and the old foam that become dust over the years. Replaced it with new upholstery pad.
    It really brings the interior back to life.



    IMG_9115 (1).jpg
    I did that on 4728, it's a nice "resto-mod." I agree, it does bring it back to life.

    Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

  4. #8484
    Member
    Join Date:  May 2019

    Location:  Seattle, WA

    Posts:    95

    My VIN:    5510

    Today I got my replacement auto transmission almost ready to attach back to the engine!

    The big issue I was having was with the shift cable - the transmission came with the shift cable cut, just a metal wire sticking out, and I didn't understand how it was put together. Thanks to some help on a Facebook forum, I found out that you can twist that cable and it's actually connected to a threaded sleeve that will unscrew it from a bolt, and out it comes! Took about 5 minutes to pull them out from both transmissions and swap them. Then I spent about an hour chasing all of the threads and cleaning up the bolts on a wire wheel and was able to get the torque converter case installed and torqued down. All of the parts that I need to swap over have been swapped, so the old transmission is headed for the corner of the garage!

    I need to chase the threads in the torque converter, and get the engine on the hoist and chase the threads that connect it to the trans, and then it's all ready to be attached. I'm waiting on the bolts that attach the transmission mounts (to the transmission) and once they are here the set will go in the frame!

  5. #8485
    Senior Member Riley88's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2014

    Location:  Virginia Beach, Virginia

    Posts:    461

    My VIN:    5312

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Got my car running after 7 weeks of being in pieces.

    Incomplete list:

    New steering bushing
    New stereo
    New speaker lines
    Redid a number of seals
    Affixed driver's side window edging
    Removed a bunch of rust from handbrake bracket
    New heater return pipe, Y-pipe, some coolant hoses
    New vacuum hoses

    The car has a serious vacuum problem, which I still need to track down, but it is running - around the block anyway, so that's a huge relief.
    You really dove in on your car you got it, thats awesome man! I have a project I need to do, but I keep putting it off because travel for work.
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

  6. #8486
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2011

    Location:  Ontario, Canada

    Posts:    189

    My VIN:    17145, 1983 canadian model

    Very nice work mburshtain 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

  7. #8487
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2012

    Location:  Bay Area, CA

    Posts:    246

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Very nice work mburshtain
    Thank you so much Victor. Iím very happy with the results


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8488
    Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2020

    Location:  Danvers, ma

    Posts:    53

    Quote Originally Posted by mburshtain View Post
    This week I had some free time to attend to the door trim. Completely removed the trims and the old foam that become dust over the years. Replaced it with new upholstery pad.
    It really brings the interior back to life.



    IMG_9115 (1).jpg
    What did you use to replace the foam inside the doors? I wanna do mine but DOn't wanna over pay for foam from a vendor. Thickness and type?

  9. #8489
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jun 2012

    Location:  Bay Area, CA

    Posts:    246

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    What did you use to replace the foam inside the doors? I wanna do mine but DOn't wanna over pay for foam from a vendor. Thickness and type?
    Right. I like to support the vendors but some items are way overpriced. This is what I got from eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sew-Foam-1-...72.m2749.l2649

    Sew Foam 1/4" Scrim Cloth Backed Sewing Pleating Padding Upholstery Fabric 55" W

  10. #8490
    Under Ron's watchful eye. Glory be to Ron! Michael's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Posts:    4,147

    My VIN:    A bunch of numbers and letters that should not interest you.

    Replaced parking brake pads. Not sure I trust DMCH's pads though. One came apart before I even got the assembly back on the caliper. Thankfully 2 my old pads were still good and I reused one of them.

    20201024_142211.jpg

Page 849 of 851 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •