FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 581 of 920 FirstFirst ... 81 481 531 571 579 580 581 582 583 591 631 681 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 9197

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10201

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I cannot think of a single job I've done on the car that was easier than expected. In fact, I can't even think of something I've done on the car that was about as difficult as I went in thinking it would be. Everything on the car seems to be a PITA for one reason or another.
    Converting from halogens to HIDs was simpler than I thought. There are a couple of other ones I cant recall because the process was simple.

My VIN:    3937

www.SubtleJokes.com

I found this really great clock at a flea market on the weekend... and it keeps excellent time!!

IMG_4698.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

I finally got my car out for spring...5 minutes into my drive I hear a strange grinding noise, belts slipping, and the voltage gauge is reading low. After a few tests it turns out my alternator is toast. I'd been meaning to replace it anyway since my cars PO installed one of Hervy's 140A alternators. At idle speed the output was sketchy and headlights would dim slightly. I plan to clean up the grounds and install one of DMCH's 120A alternators.

My VIN:    5312

Took our the throttle cable and cleaned and lubed it. Cleaned the inside of the cable tubing and cleaned the spool, microswitch and throttle assembly. Car has no resistance now with the pedal and is as smooth as butter cant believe how much better it is. Meanwhile my porsche 924's brakes completely died so I will have to find time somehow to install a new master cylinder=/

My VIN:    6472

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Took our the throttle cable and cleaned and lubed it. Cleaned the inside of the cable tubing and cleaned the spool, microswitch and throttle assembly. Car has no resistance now with the pedal and is as smooth as butter cant believe how much better it is.
    How do you remove the throttle cable? What did you use for the cleaning/lubing? Thanks

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I replaced the fuse for the cigarette lighter. It apparently blew at some point. The past couple of weeks I was able to get the clock (on the same circuits) going by wiggling the phone charger. I'm especially confused now how that worked. I assumed the lighter was corroded to the point that it broke the circuitry but it was a fuse.

Does anyone know why there was some sort of grease inside the fuse plugs? It looked real black so I'm positive that DMCMW put it there.

Edit: Nevermind! I googled "electric grease".
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    How do you remove the throttle cable? What did you use for the cleaning/lubing? Thanks
    On the spool in th eengine bay is a single nut and bolt which holds the cable in place. The spool is closeest to you, only thing that looks like a spool in the engine bay. Once you remove that nut and bolt, you can look down and see the sheath it goes into. So after that go under the dash under the steering wheel to your accelerator pedal. at the top of the pedal is where the cable connects just slowly pull it out. Wipe the whole thing down good and use any cleaner you like on it. I then just used warm water and a clear tube ( to extend it so i can drip the water into the sheath, to get as much warm water into it as i could. I then used a bottle of cda ( keyboard cleaner im broke). to connect it to the tube and blow the air out so the air comes travels through and sprays the water out down near your pedal. Once i was getting clear water i just used a light lubricant . i got it from autozone just basic lubricant in a spray can. ill try to post a photo. I then sprayed the cleaner all over the spool and any part connected to it IE the springs and wiped them off clean. After Re inserted the cable starting from above where it connects to the pedal. Then you while keep the cable tight tight and put the bolt you took off on the spool back on. Sounds like alot but it took me 30 mins and WOW does the pedal respond now and feels buttery smooth

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Gregadeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    On the spool in th eengine bay is a single nut and bolt which holds the cable in place...
    Working with the throttle cable is mentioned in this service bulletin also:

http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/SC-01-1.82.html

Cleaning is a good idea after 35 years. The recall/bulletin was original intended to deal with the cable freezing and suggested using an anti-freeze solution as the lube inside the cable, i.e. ensuring no straight water is still left in there.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6472

Thanks guys!

My VIN:    15190

I replaced the inner throttle cable and the hood cable. Overall an easy job to perform...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 581 of 920 FirstFirst ... 81 481 531 571 579 580 581 582 583 591 631 681 ... LastLast