FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 712 of 920 FirstFirst ... 212 612 662 702 710 711 712 713 714 722 762 812 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

This is what I recommend and would use. I use it on my motorcycle front axle which is known to seize in place. It is a excellent product. A little goes a long way. Just don't get it on your hands as it is very hard to get it off.

Honda HN 08798-9010 MOLY PASTE M77

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hond...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 01-15-2018 at 03:48 PM.

My VIN:    6472

Replaced air filter

20180112_134551.jpg20180112_134608.jpg

The old filter looks a little different from the new DMC replacement. The old one has the sides blocked off and an open bottom. The new one is open on the sides, but the bottom is covered with a soft white padding, which is glued in place. Considering how dirty the old one was, I expected to feel a slight difference in power with the new one, but it feels exactly the same.

Is it possible the white pad on the bottom causes a bit too much blockage for incoming air? Has anyone removed theirs and noticed a difference?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

When It comes time for me to get the airbox back in , I'll get one of them fancy K&N filters since they can be washed and reused.

I've never seen a filter with a pad on it like that, seems to me it would restrict airflow more.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    I think drilling them and inserting a zerk fitting would be overkill. Greasing would work, but I thought instead of grease, coat with some of that clear goop stuff used on battery terminals to prevent corrosion, and thus prevent bonding. Just a thought...
    Ok, I'm calling myself out on this one. I think regular wheel bearing grease would be better after all, then "dielectric" stuff I mentioned, mainly for the reason Dave mentioned. But I still think that's all you need.

Last edited by Citizen; 01-16-2018 at 02:29 PM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    +1

It would be awesome to meet Dana and see his car in person.

I had a chance to meet Dana this past summer and have him drive my car. He is a top notch fella and knows his stuff. It was a pleasure talking with him and having him help me prioritize things that I want to do to my car. He didn't have his at the time, but I do hope he brings it up someday. 2 DeLoreans here would blow peoples' mind!

My VIN:    10353

Finally got around to finishing up my suspension refresh. Took me a long time since I had to leave the car up on jack stands while I was away for work.

New DPI coilovers and LCAs. Also replaced tie rod ends, all in all much firmer in the front and the steering is so much easier!

Forgot to mention big thanks to Christian Dietrich! He gave me some great tips on the install since I had so many questions for him!

Last edited by eight8toy; 01-21-2018 at 09:49 PM.

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Finally got around to finishing up my suspension refresh. Took me a long time since I had to leave the car up on jack stands while I was away for work.

New DPI coilovers and LCAs. Also replaced tie rod ends, all in all much firmer in the front and the steering is so much easier!

Forgot to mention big thanks to Christian Dietrich! He gave me some great tips on the install since I had so many questions for him!
    nice!

im in the process of doing the exact same upgrade!

between work and family tho, it'll be a while before im done and get it out of the garage to test. probably (hopefully) a few more weeks at most.

right now im ready to install all the front stuff after ripping out the old. also repainted the frame around this area to help protect it and cover up nicks/chips in the epoxy:

L6EhA7bl.jpg

jZSpVUkl.jpg

YVIHXkel.jpg

4ZgotnIl.jpg

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

had a few issues setting my height correctly at first (all user error and impatientness/learning curve on my part) but now the car currently sits at 23.5" up front and 26.25" in the rear. I plan to bring the front up another .5" and then take it for an alignment. cant wait to finally have it on the road and test out the all new suspension!

mScvoHWl.jpg

hpdIgH9l.jpg

nws8xBXl.jpg

NVO5ofrl.jpg

WsPhHTJl.jpg

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    had a few issues setting my height correctly at first (all user error and impatientness/learning curve on my part) but now the car currently sits at 23.5" up front and 26.25" in the rear. I plan to bring the front up another .5" and then take it for an alignment. cant wait to finally have it on the road and test out the all new suspension!

mScvoHWl.jpg

hpdIgH9l.jpg

nws8xBXl.jpg

NVO5ofrl.jpg

WsPhHTJl.jpg
    Looking really good and since you got the same exact setup as I do you will find yourself taking turns going a lot faster and feeling more confident at higher speeds

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Not really "today" but within the past couple of weeks. My car spent its first extended period of time at a repair shop, as its current problems were outside of my ability to diagnose and/or fix. (Been having persistent brake issues for quite a while now.) Turns out I had three seized calipers, all of which needed to be rebuilt. In addition, they were able to track down (and fix!) the crazy engine noise I've been having. My guess was a bearing in the water pump, but thankfully it was a bearing in a pulley just off the water pump/alternator.

My car is road-worthy again!
    - Chris

what

Page 712 of 920 FirstFirst ... 212 612 662 702 710 711 712 713 714 722 762 812 ... LastLast