FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 807 of 920 FirstFirst ... 307 707 757 797 805 806 807 808 809 817 857 907 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    10201

Took the dash out. I'll be trying to fit some 4" speakers in there. The work also made me break down and order the set of ratcheting combo wrenches

My VIN:    5312

Picked her up from the garage and am driving her to work tomorrow because its finally a nice winter day
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Fitted new fuel and supply hose. Boy was the old one needing replaced! Will check for leaks later. Btw, new washers and bolts.
    Robert
    Vin #3915Attachment 61811Attachment 61812
    Nicely done. This is on my list as well. And looking at how close our VINs are, no wonder the fuel filters look to be in about the same condition!

IMG_0530.jpg

I have had a replacement filter forever it seems. I was thinking about buying a new replacement though as the connection on the outlet end is bent a little off to one side. I'll post a better picture of it later to show what I mean.

I see the filters on DeLoGO are new/different. Is this what is available now? Not the old/original ones? They have what is said to be an original one and it is about 3x the price. Although Houston still has theirs priced about what they always have been (and assuming NOS?).

IMG_5601.jpg

I got all the injectors, clips and seals in last season as well as all the new lines, except the one attached to the filter. I've also had a flexible replacement for the hardline going from the accumulator to the filter as mine had a leak in about 2010, and we cut that short section out and put a short hose in its place. Just have never got around to putting the replacement hose in. It needs to snake its way through the frame and come out in the accumulator hole, but that job frightens me with the difficulty/access level so never did it.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Robmac123 View Post
    I wonder if a hood emblem would cover it up, at least temporarily. Wrong location, I know, but might hide it until you can get it fixed properly. I honestly don’t think it would look bad as only other owners would know it’s wrong.
    Attachment 61810

I'm having flashbacks:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...ar-dent-repair

I installed some 4" speakers to replace the original craigs. Ill be posting a write up of what I did later

I separated the frame and body

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I separated the frame and body
    Do you have pics or more info on what you used to lift the body? I'm planning to use an engine hoist & floor jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Do you have pics or more info on what you used to lift the body? I'm planning to use an engine hoist & floor jacks.
    I used a floor jack and 4 jack stands. Everything was disconnected, I jacked the frame as high as the jack stands would would. I propped footlong pieces of 4x6 next to the body jack points. I had to then jack the frame up a little more to fit the 5' long 4x4 pieces on either side. I started by lowering the rear of the frame by 1 notch on the jacks. moved to the front lowered it 1 notch, then another. Moved to the rear, lowered it 1 notch, then another. Kept doing that til I bottomed out the jack stands, then lowered them as usual. I was trying to keep the frame somewhat level and go slowly to make sure everything was clear. I did forget the negative battery cable bolted close to the trailing arm bolt.

I made sure I could still put the floor jack directly under the body jack points in case I needed to raise it some more. It honestly isnt that bad to do without a 2 post lift. I'd probably start with a piece of wood under the jack stands to raise them up a bit more so I could have gotten the 4x4 pieces in first. Jacking the body up now is kinda wonky right now. I'd recommend lifting the frame up as high as youd like the body first.

Edit: Also the wood stands are a lot more stable than jack stands at the max height. 8" long 4x6 would also have worked out fine, but I'd got a couple inches longer on the 4x4.

My VIN:    5999

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I installed some 4" speakers to replace the original craigs. Ill be posting a write up of what I did later
    I've been working on the same project in my car. 4" in front, 5x7" in back, 8" sub in storage compartment, amp in the frunk, single DIN in dash. Everything is a tight fit. There nothing easy about it, if you're trying to do a clean/professional looking install. Beginning to second guess my decision to embark on this project. Unfortunately, I prefer high quality audio and the stock system just doesn't make the cut.

IMG_0381-1.jpgIMG_0382.jpgIMG_0383.jpgIMG_0384.jpg

My VIN:    4519

Today I began the fuel system assessment for 4519: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...031#post253031

Fingers-crossed that the non-running is wholly a fuel system issue!

Page 807 of 920 FirstFirst ... 307 707 757 797 805 806 807 808 809 817 857 907 ... LastLast