FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 791 of 920 FirstFirst ... 291 691 741 781 789 790 791 792 793 801 841 891 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,910 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I'm betting hairline crack in the plug porcelain......
    I think the new plugs still have a skip. I think it's better now because when the engine was cold it seemed better but that could be the gap on the new plugs is 0.025". All the old plugs looked the same as far as color of the porcelain at the plug gap.

Now I'm wondering if it is ignition problems. Only thing not changed are the plug wires and the distributor pick up coil.

Also my throttle is sticking now at 2000 RPM unless I punch it. Of course no sticking with the engine off.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

The left inboard brake lamp failed the a self-check this today. It was OK as recently as 4 wks ago.
    The lamp itself checked out fine.

Traced it to an iffy ground connection between that lamp's socket and either of the ground traces on the (OE) board it's riveted to.

A dab of solder made it solid again. Will keep up with the frequent lighting safety checks.

I know, someday I need to put new boards in...
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I think the new plugs still have a skip. I think it's better now because when the engine was cold it seemed better but that could be the gap on the new plugs is 0.025". All the old plugs looked the same as far as color of the porcelain at the plug gap.

Now I'm wondering if it is ignition problems. Only thing not changed are the plug wires and the distributor pick up coil.

Also my throttle is sticking now at 2000 RPM unless I punch it. Of course no sticking with the engine off.
    Dave, are you using the Bosch Silver HR6DS plugs? Are you running the OE Bougicord wires or something different?
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Dave, are you using the Bosch Silver HR6DS plugs? Are you running the OE Bougicord wires or something different?
    Yes using HR6DS plugs. Wires are from a vendor but don't remember who since they are about 10 years old.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Well I took the car out on a 100 mile run through the mountains today. It performed fine aside from the stop and go traffic in Denver...it nearly overheated there (to be fair it almost hit 100F today outside). Honestly the car seems to handle and perform best at around 75-80mph. Temp and handling are great there. What I was most impressed with was it's handling in the 80-90mph range. It gripped the turns with zero roll or trouble. Obviously I do not condone what I did but it was quite the demonstration that as crappy as our cars are...they are still sports cars.

Guessing my best bet will be to replace the fans and radiator once I get it situated again.
    Last edited by AirmanPika; 07-19-2019 at 01:19 AM.

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by AirmanPika View Post
    Guessing my best bet will be to replace the fans and radiator once I get it situated again.
    This is the radiator I like:

https://www.delorean.eu/catalog/prod...ducts_id=41006

DeLorean Go sells it as well with free shipping.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    03500

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    This is the radiator I like:

https://www.delorean.eu/catalog/prod...ducts_id=41006

DeLorean Go sells it as well with free shipping.
    A radiator.
    $250.00 or best offer free shipping new on Ebay. It's a DMCH from private seller.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153501067706

Just a heads up.
    David B.

Darn...missed out on the radiator. Oh well.

Anyway yet another quick fix today. I noticed on my long drive the other day my center vents were not working. Turned out I accidentally knocked the vacuum plug off the back of the vent controls when routing the wiring for the digital speedo. Got that connected back up and all is well again. Of course the car decided it needed a fresh blessing and I managed to cut my hand good while rummaging around behind the console.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Yes using HR6DS plugs. Wires are from a vendor but don't remember who since they are about 10 years old.
    I thought your wires were from John Hervey back then.

Btw, you mentioned throttle sticking around 2000 rpm. Are you still using the idle microswitch with your ECU?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    I thought your wires were from John Hervey back then.

Btw, you mentioned throttle sticking around 2000 rpm. Are you still using the idle microswitch with your ECU?
    You got me curious...what do you mean "still"? I had to bypass mine but if folks are just eliminating it instead these days I might just leave it as is.

Page 791 of 920 FirstFirst ... 291 691 741 781 789 790 791 792 793 801 841 891 ... LastLast