FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 796 of 920 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 896 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Dave, when I did mine I merely used the existing supply via the fuel filter (which I moved to a convenient location on the rear firewall) through two fuel rails, then a pressure regulator (set to ~45psi IIRC) and then back to the existing return line. So my system still had the superfluous fuel accumulator in place, but it didn't matter.

Concept is easy as I know you know.... listen to several sensors:
    • manifold vacuum
    • incoming air temp
    • engine temp
    • throttle position
    • wide band O2
    • RPM

Use tables within the tuning software to determine the necessary fueling duration (pulsewidth) of the injectors for each intersect of RPM and engine load (vacuum) to achieve desired air to fuel ratio (anywhere from ~ 12 to 16 depending on desired power or efficiency, with 14.7 being stoiceometric). Nuances are obviously for enhancing fueling for startup, warmup and acceleration enhancement (transitions on hard acceleration).

The software has auto tuning capability that listens to the O2 sensor and adjusts the pulse widths accordingly.

It's a great system to tinker with and results in a really drive-able car.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    5312

Virginia Beach local meet up and met a new fellow local owner!IMG_20190810_193557.jpg
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Virginia Beach local meet up and met a new fellow local owner!IMG_20190810_193557.jpg
    So much fun!

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    Dave, when I did mine I merely used the existing supply via the fuel filter (which I moved to a convenient location on the rear firewall) through two fuel rails, then a pressure regulator (set to ~45psi IIRC) and then back to the existing return line. So my system still had the superfluous fuel accumulator in place, but it didn't matter.
    A few nice things with my idea of no return fuel line.

1) The fuel in the tank should stay cooler if your still running K-jet. Not so much with EFI unless the return line is after the injector rails.

2) If you want to run an MPG sensor in the fuel pump line it would be accurate. Again with EFI, MPG is usally calculated knowing the injectors flow rates.

3) Less effort on the fuel pump and some electrical load savings.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I ran a few errands the past two days with the D and did not note any skipping. I'm thinking it may just have been not driving my D for a long time maybe an injector or something else in the fuel system was dirty. I will keep driving it and check the AFR again to see if it runs closer to 14.7.

It now starts without giving it any gas but I had back off curb idle because when it was hot the idle was to high.
    Dave M vin 03572

Black or brushed stainless???

Will have it made out of stainless, only the DMC will be cut out, one side brushed other matte black, could mount it either side.

DMC Engine Cover Black.jpgDMC Cover Silver.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_SS_TT View Post
    Black or brushed stainless???

Will have it made out of stainless, only the DMC will be cut out, one side brushed other matte black, could mount it either side.

DMC Engine Cover Black.jpgDMC Cover Silver.jpg

The black looks better to me.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    A few nice things with my idea of no return fuel line.

1) The fuel in the tank should stay cooler if your still running K-jet. Not so much with EFI unless the return line is after the injector rails.

2) If you want to run an MPG sensor in the fuel pump line it would be accurate. Again with EFI, MPG is usally calculated knowing the injectors flow rates.

3) Less effort on the fuel pump and some electrical load savings.
    I see no reason that the fuel must go in a loop. I chose to do so at the time, but knowing what I now know, I wouldn't lose sleep if it dead ended so long as it didn't have any adverse affect on the pump. (I'm normally pretty good on grammar as an English teacher's son, but is it affect or effect in this case....I must be getting rusty)
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I see no reason that the fuel must go in a loop. I chose to do so at the time, but knowing what I now know, I wouldn't lose sleep if it dead ended so long as it didn't have any adverse affect on the pump. (I'm normally pretty good on grammar as an English teacher's son, but is it affect or effect in this case....I must be getting rusty)
    Another thing I think is a good thing with EFI is the fuel accumulator. It removes the pulses you get from the fuel pump. If you ever run a pressure washer and that hose touches your body, you would know what a pump does as far a pulsing.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Another thing I think is a good thing with EFI is the fuel accumulator.
    Are you joking? Next time my car is on a lift that thing is coming out. Totally unnecessary with EFI.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 796 of 920 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 896 ... LastLast