FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 789 of 920 FirstFirst ... 289 689 739 779 787 788 789 790 791 799 839 889 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by AirmanPika View Post
    Better pic...because I hated the last one and can't edit the post anymore...

What radio head unit is that?
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    04629

Roof Box Repair Method #2

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I’ve never heard of this option. Sounds like a great idea. Where did you find this?
    Being retired, I'm always searching the internet for any issues my car 'could have' or 'will have', as I love driving my car and don't like getting stuck away from home.

Been there, done that!!

TBH I don't remember where I found this idea, could have been on the Deloreango club website(gotta join to see forum posts) or from the old talk site.

Fairly easy job that could take approx. 2-4 hrs. , you will need help, take your time......

Found it YMMV......https://dmcnews.com/Techsection/tbar.htm
    Last edited by ritztoys; 07-08-2019 at 02:57 PM. Reason: adding link

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    What radio head unit is that?
    It's a McIntosh MX406

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

It's a McIntosh MX406

Wow. I just looked up prices for that unit and I had to pick my jaw up from the floor. Too rich for my blood. Love the look, though.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    5312

ok that McIntosh mx406 is sexy af DAMN SON
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Being retired, I'm always searching the internet for any issues my car 'could have' or 'will have', as I love driving my car and don't like getting stuck away from home.

Been there, done that!!

TBH I don't remember where I found this idea, could have been on the Deloreango club website(gotta join to see forum posts) or from the old talk site.

Fairly easy job that could take approx. 2-4 hrs. , you will need help, take your time......

Found it YMMV......https://dmcnews.com/Techsection/tbar.htm
    Thank you.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Wow. I just looked up prices for that unit and I had to pick my jaw up from the floor. Too rich for my blood. Love the look, though.
    Holy crap. Looks like my search will continue....
    That's exactly the type of looks I'm searching for though.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    1844

It's a McIntosh MX406

I was looking at getting this headunit. Any thoughts on it? It says that it has an AUX input so is that so and do you find that works well? What speakers are you running too? Sorry for the bombardment of questions but hoping to get my sound system a little more up to snuff. Thanks!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Not familiar with it or its specs, but you might want something with bluetooth considering all of the new gadgets they can pair with (USB stored song lists, hands free phone, car locator, etc. EG HERE)

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

Ron is right. You gotta keep connectivity in consideration.

For me my older Pioneer DEH-P7000BT was having issues linking with newer devices (like my iPhone X) so I decided to go with a more analog solution. I already had the McIntosh unit and had previously installed a McIntosh amp in the car years earlier. I ran a simple 3.5mm to RCA cable to the aux inputs and got a Belkin Audio + Charging lightning adapter for the phone. I just put it in car mode and I'm set. I have all the goodies of a modern car entertainment center with a quality audio system. You can never really fix the DeLorean's acoustics tho. I have some 3.5" Infinity Kappa speakers up front and some Pioneer 4x6" P462 rears (chose to stick with hidden vs retrofitted 6x9s). To make up for the bass I also installed a small 8" sub and amp in the storage compartment behind the seat. It's all better than stock...but probably isn't spectacular consider how much noise the car makes when running.

Page 789 of 920 FirstFirst ... 289 689 739 779 787 788 789 790 791 799 839 889 ... LastLast