FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 701 of 920 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 751 801 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I thought you had to Heliarc weld aluminum.
    TIG is short for tungsten inert gas.

Heliarc was the old school name and way to weld aluminum. You really just need an inert gas to prevent oxidation when welding aluminum.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    I thought you had to Heliarc weld aluminum.
    Heliarc welding is TIG welding. Now it typically just means you're using helium as the shielding gas instead of the more common argon. Either work fine; helium can help you pump more heat into the base metal for deep welds, but sometimes weld quality suffers. Helium-argon mixtures are also common.

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Haha awsome! Im sure you will love them. I know I do! Here is a better shot while darker.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    They just came in the other day, and I’m going to install this weekend. Question- would you mind sharing the links to your updates for the other LED lightning and electroluminescent tape mods you did?

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Emptied my bank account, but 6720 is back on the road!
    I have two kids (2 years old and 2 months old), so time is by far my most valuable and scarce commodity.
    Rob Grady was back in Las Vegas and I had him do some work on my car. A tuneup, finish the clutch slave, replace the heater hoses and a fuel accumulator line (the fuel line was replaced by DMCCA exactly 6 years ago and it was already split/looked like garbage- Rob said it was an original hose, I'm not very happy about that), and my passenger door now opens and closes normally.

I took it out yesterday to get an emissions test and it felt GREAT to drive again. Such a pleasure.

Next step is to get the air conditioning recharged and replace the brake master.
    Last edited by jackb; 11-12-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    06290

Repaired my automatic trans governor computer

Hi All, This weekend I wrapped up working on my transmission governor computer. I took it for a long drive with a fair amount of stop lights, and at least thus far it's shifting perfectly!

A big thanks to everyone who has posted info on that process, it was extremely helpful. I made a document detailing my own experience in case it could help anyone else down the road, or perhaps inspire someone to attempt the operation. I do not have an automotive repair background, so feel free to make fun of anything in the document

So happy to have that issue resolved... my car is powerful again!
    Attached Files

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I discovered that it is SUPER easy to replace the rear brake hoses when there is no power train in the car.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

restore of 1596

Reinstalled the intake / replaced fuel lines / oil filter/ alternator / distributor cap / plug wires . Car seem to hold oil pressure fine, runs much better then before.
    Found the Fan Relay in the fuse box was completely missing, bank account is starting to nervously look for away out lol.

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Removed more Hervey junk from my car.

I hereby pledge to NEVER buy another part from John Hervey as long as I am a delorean owner.

DO NOT BUY SHOCKS FROM HERVEY.

My VIN:    4846

Question

Nullset, why would you not? Ill be buying them when I return so I am curious...

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by johnyrottin View Post
    Nullset, why would you not? Ill be buying them when I return so I am curious...
    I have some damaged stainless due to Hervey's shocks. He won't stand by them. He won't honor his warranty. He'll leave you with a messed up car and bad parts.

If you do have a problem, he'll blame everyone else.

You might convince him to honor the warranty - he'll ask you to pull the part off and mail him one of them, then he'll "think about it" and "check with the factory".

I'm not the only one who's had this experience with John's parts. They're cheap, but now I've got to spend a few hundred in stainless repair. I should've gotten better parts to begin with.

I will NEVER buy another part from John. This is not the only Hervey part I've had fail, and he's never taken care of me as a customer.

I'd rather pay more to another vendor who will actually stand behind their parts, or find crossover parts if I can't.

Page 701 of 920 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 751 801 ... LastLast