FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 702 of 920 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeterman View Post
    Reinstalled the intake / replaced fuel lines / oil filter/ alternator / distributor cap / plug wires . Car seem to hold oil pressure fine, runs much better then before.
    Found the Fan Relay in the fuse box was completely missing, bank account is starting to nervously look for away out lol.
    There's a bypass/upgrade for the fan relay. Perhaps you have that installed?

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    There's a bypass/upgrade for the fan relay. Perhaps you have that installed?
    After reading more about it, I think you are correct.
    I'm going to check tonight when I go to work on it.
    Also broke a door handle last weekend, so the news DMCH ones just came in.
    Looking forward to being able to roll up my window.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Since I have a nearly two-hour car ride on my way home from work and a lot of time to think about what I want to do to my car I came up with this little idea. I decided to install small blue LEDs underneath the door latch handle and have them wired up to the old non-used heated mirror element for power. Unfortunately they're on all the time like the power window switches but since they're LED I'm not worried about it and I'm sure they will last forever. It gives just enough blue light to show you where the door handles are at night while driving and I got this inspiration for my wife Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker and on the inside of that car has all kinds of trick lighting everywhere in there! I've never seen this done before and it was a pretty simple thing to do as I like to add modern touches to a 36 year old car..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

That is a cool idea and puts a use to that otherwise useless plug...hehe. Did you use a special LED or anything? I might do this to mine, since the doors are currently all apart.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Since I have a nearly two-hour car ride on my way home from work and a lot of time to think about what I want to do to my car I came up with this little idea. I decided to install small blue LEDs underneath the door latch handle and have them wired up to the old non-used heated mirror element for power. Unfortunately they're on all the time like the power window switches but since they're LED I'm not worried about it and I'm sure they will last forever. It gives just enough blue light to show you where the door handles are at night while driving and I got this inspiration for my wife Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker and on the inside of that car has all kinds of trick lighting everywhere in there! I've never seen this done before and it was a pretty simple thing to do as I like to add modern touches to a 36 year old car..

Nice! That is a great idea. I don't know how dark the grey interior is at night, but my black interior is VERY dark, especially with tinted windows. I like it of course but I find my passengers feeling around for the door handle often.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Nice! That is a great idea. I don't know how dark the grey interior is at night, but my black interior is VERY dark, especially with tinted windows. I like it of course but I find my passengers feeling around for the door handle often.
    Yeah my wife or my son would have to feel around for the latch also. My interior was grey but now a custom 2-tone style and in my opinion, those area's of the doors are quite dark and i figured it would be a nice modern touch to the car. Glad you like it DMC-81

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    3937

Yeah my wife or my son would have to feel around for the latch also. My interior was grey but now a custom 2-tone style and in my opinion, those area's of the doors are quite dark and i figured it would be a nice modern touch to the car. Glad you like it DMC-81

Nice work Christian.

My car is also a black interior and while I haven't had too much trouble with the door handles, I struggle mightily with getting the key into the ignition sometimes! I find it is impossibly dark to see what you're doing right at the ignition switch. Probably what those lighted keys were for originally!

You ever thought about some sort of small LED right in that area, or maybe a lighted ring around the ignition cylinder similar to the same way it's done around the cigar lighter?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Nice work Christian.

My car is also a black interior and while I haven't had too much trouble with the door handles, I struggle mightily with getting the key into the ignition sometimes! I find it is impossibly dark to see what you're doing right at the ignition switch. Probably what those lighted keys were for originally!

You ever thought about some sort of small LED right in that area, or maybe a lighted ring around the ignition cylinder similar to the same way it's done around the cigar lighter?
    Hmmm, thats not a bad idea. One that could easily be done i believe. Have a lighted ignition ring with a 5 minute timer that is activated once the door is open and closed and staying on long enough to get your keys ready to place in the ignition. I might have to try that! Good idea Jonathan and i know what you mean about trying to find the ignition in the dark!

My VIN:    3937

Hmmm, thats not a bad idea. One that could easily be done i believe. Have a lighted ignition ring with a 5 minute timer that is activated once the door is open and closed and staying on long enough to get your keys ready to place in the ignition. I might have to try that! Good idea Jonathan and i know what you mean about trying to find the ignition in the dark!

Right on! I was thinking along the same lines of it being powered/switched with the door lights/plungers.

I will say that once the big stuff is taken car of on these cars, it is fun to tinker around and get creative a little with some of the less serious stuff

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Right on! I was thinking along the same lines of it being powered/switched with the door lights/plungers.

I will say that once the big stuff is taken car of on these cars, it is fun to tinker around and get creative a little with some of the less serious stuff
    Oh it really is! I still need the fascia's repainted but that will come. Already straighten out the eyebrowling over the summer. I still have a few more ideas up my sleave that will be appearing in the next few months!

Page 702 of 920 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 752 802 ... LastLast