FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 721 of 920 FirstFirst ... 221 621 671 711 719 720 721 722 723 731 771 821 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Finallly working on my own car!

It's been a busy two years for Julee and I since "retirement". I haven't done much car work, other than fixing my kid's cars and a few minor jobs giving Mike a hand at DMC. So - found some time to work on my DeLorean. I hope to drive it more this year than the few hundred miles I put on it in the last couple years.

I'd collected several of Dave M (Bitsyncmaster)'s electronic gadgets over the past several years but never got a chance to install them on my own car.

Finally:
    1 - Solid State RPM Relay
    2 - Electronic Idle ECU
    3 - LED Console lighting panel
    All very impressive products.

And - a set of convex/split mirrors from Tom N in Poland that I've probably had on my shelf since 2006.

Also replaced a couple of rusty side marker sockets and finished the LED conversion, changed some really clean 2-year old oil, replaced a sticky seat belt, and gave the underside of the car a good inspection and detailing.

Spring is just about here! Time to go get some fresh gas.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    03572

I built a tester circuit so I can test OEM units that use the ignition pulse. The OEM ignition circuits use an AC coupled circuit that requires greater than a 12 volt signal and my signal generator could not go above 12 volts.

I tested one OEM RPM relay and that required a 28 volts ignition signal to get it working.

I tested one of Hervey's RPM relays and it may have a problem. It would switch the relay on but it would switch on and off continuously. My tester puts out a one ms pulse every 26 ms (equal to 775 RPM).
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Looks good
    Thanks Lwanmtr! Cant wait to finish up the rear, paint the grill and start driving again.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    Between VINs

Installed PJGrady door lifters, now the doors go all the way up, fantastic. Only the drivers side was sagging and not by much, but enough that I would have to nudge it up the rest of the way. I figure my first year with the car it would be nice to have it's most distinctive feature working correctly.

I did the install alone by using a bungee, seemed safer than using a post to hold the door up, as with the bungee I could manipulate the door without fear of the post sliding out.

20180319_160623.jpg

The differential hanging in the background (E46 BMW) is safely away from the DMC, not hanging above it as perspective may imply.
    Last edited by dodint; 03-20-2018 at 10:03 AM.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Using a bungee is a clever idea...when I replaced my struts my car was sitting outside and i didnt have anything long enough to hold the door up...so I had to hold the door open while I did it.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    It's been a busy two years for Julee and I since "retirement". I haven't done much car work, other than fixing my kid's cars and a few minor jobs giving Mike a hand at DMC. So - found some time to work on my DeLorean. I hope to drive it more this year than the few hundred miles I put on it in the last couple years.

I'd collected several of Dave M (Bitsyncmaster)'s electronic gadgets over the past several years but never got a chance to install them on my own car.

Finally:
    1 - Solid State RPM Relay
    2 - Electronic Idle ECU
    3 - LED Console lighting panel
    All very impressive products.

And - a set of convex/split mirrors from Tom N in Poland that I've probably had on my shelf since 2006.

Also replaced a couple of rusty side marker sockets and finished the LED conversion, changed some really clean 2-year old oil, replaced a sticky seat belt, and gave the underside of the car a good inspection and detailing.

Spring is just about here! Time to go get some fresh gas.
    Dave, I'm so glad to hear you've been able to spend some time enjoying your car! After all the years of fixing other people's DeLoreans and the hours and hours of troubleshooting help it must be nice to wrench on your own car for a change. I hope you're enjoying retirement and all the extra time you have for family and friends as well.

My VIN:    3294

Finally installed my wide side stripe kit I got from John Hervey today. I actually like them. My car has a date next weekend in front of a movie theatre for the premiere of Ready Player One on both Friday & Saturday nights, and my 17 year old son is taking it to his Senior Prom the following weekend.

Last edited by bfloyd; 03-24-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    Barry Floyd
    Lebanon, Tennessee
    VIN 3294 - Aug. 81

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks nice
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd View Post
    Finally installed my wide side stripe kit I got from John Hervey today. I actually like them. My car has a date next weekend in front of a movie theatre for the premiere of Ready Player One on both Friday & Saturday nights, and my 17 year old son is taking it to his Senior Prom the following weekend.

I got that same kit from my wife for Christmas a couple years ago and she installed it on my car and my son helped her and my car is got a date next weekend also with a few other DeLorean cars for our car club. We at the Tri-State DeLorean got invited by the Alamo movie theater in Winchester

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    10353

I love my wide stripes too!

Took off my binnacle yesterday. My right turn signal dash indicator never worked since I got the car so replaced both with some spare LED bulbs I had lying around.

Page 721 of 920 FirstFirst ... 221 621 671 711 719 720 721 722 723 731 771 821 ... LastLast