FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 815 of 920 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805 813 814 815 816 817 825 865 915 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,150 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Got my hood damage repaired but it didn't suit me. Found a used flat hood in excellent condition but me being me I spent the last several days refurbishing it with 2 coats of SEM trim black and 2 coats of 1k SEM matt clear and a new seal. Running the new wiring for the light took me forever to get right! I ended up having to cut blade connectors off for the light then resoldering and shrink wrapping them after I passed them through the channel. I still have to fine tune the alignment and finish graining it but it will look near perfect when finished later today.

Attachment 62540
    Attachment 62541
    Attachment 62542
    Attachment 62543
    Attachment 62544
    Attachment 62545

I am going to try to fix my old hood. I think with a little work it will make a very nice panel and someone will get a real deal.
    Curious as to what about the repair you were not happy with. I have to get a ding repaired on my hood also.
    Thanks

My VIN:    5312

Replaced the rubber at the bottom of my door. A job ive put off forever that took like 15 minutes. Everytime i see the car I just want to go drive :l
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Changed my oil and had to warranty out my battery with one month left on the full replacement warranty.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

My Delorean was professionally photographed/videoed for an automotive web-magazine.
    I’ll share a link to it when it is completed.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    11789

The engine cover grills often need to be refurbished during a project and the metal strips that retain the mesh grills are invariably rusted after 40 years. The same can be said of the 48 clips that grip the "Grill Retaining Strips" (Part numbers 106388 - 106392 / 108465.
    New "Grill Retaining Strips" are available to buy or you can (as I did) clean the rust off , repaint them and use them again.
    the one improvement I made (that no one gets to see) was to use 48 stainless steel clips .... details are shown on the accompanying photos.

The stainless clips fit perfectly and are available from Bresco in the the UK
    01.jpg

stainless clip from Bresco on the left .... original on the right.
    02.jpg

Getting the old clips and retaining strips was made easier using an old 2 inch chisel and the new ones just press on with your fingers. This picture shows some of the new clips and some of the old.
    03.jpg

Here's a photo from the top, showing the grilles in place. The old "snakeskin" effect - I like it! so I'm not going to refinish it! you can still see traces of red paint (my car was sprayed red in Dubai)

04.jpg

It was nice to see the grills all in place after being off in my 3 years of ownership.
    05.jpg

06.jpg

there's evidence of the red paint shown in this photo.
    10.jpg
    Currently resurrecting Vin # 11789 - One of the batch of 50 exported to the Middle East in 1982.

My VIN:    11789

The link to the stainless clips is :-
    https://www.bresco.com/cgi-bin/ss000...4WvOUXotdHzf5o

You will need to specify stainless steel.
    Currently resurrecting Vin # 11789 - One of the batch of 50 exported to the Middle East in 1982.

I'd been have some issues where my car refused to idle. I had a feeling my idle ECU was faulty, after testing wiring continuity etc and came to the conclusion my suspicions were correct. Luckily there was another owner locally in the middle of an engine swap and happened to still have his idle ECU. Swapped it into my car and no more issues

My VIN:    Midproduction

Finished replating my engine bay. Huge thanks to the folks at DMC Midwest for their help beautifying my engine bay.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post

Finished replating my engine bay. Huge thanks to the folks at DMC Midwest for their help beautifying my engine bay.

I like the plated and polished pulleys. The very first time I sprayed common degreaser on mine the plating wiped right off.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Replaced my fuel pump as I heard it making some noise a few times last summer. Hopefully my closing plate mod will prevent this in the future. I noticed my plug looked like it had been hot and missing wire insulation. It had dirty and loose contacts too. I cleaned the contacts and fixed the wire hoping that would solve the problem but it was still getting hot. I found a set of battery connectors I used for my RC EDF jets. These things were designed for 18 to 24v systems that pull up to 110 amps. It's also double sleeved so it should be very insulated. I installed them and tested for 15 minutes and was still just as cool as it was in the pack. Next time I am in there I will put a little silicone on the wire ends of the plug just to keep them dry but I don't think any water gets there anyway.

20200204_124836.jpg
    20200204_133529.jpg
    20200204_135023.jpg

Page 815 of 920 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805 813 814 815 816 817 825 865 915 ... LastLast