FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 774 of 920 FirstFirst ... 274 674 724 764 772 773 774 775 776 784 824 874 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Nice! Did you have the black parts painted or just masked and wet sanded? Looks great.
    Hi Jon. After endless samples and refinishing tests on the bare urethane, I crazily decided to color and finish match the bare black urethane and then fully paint the fascias. Obviously this isn't concours accurate as the bumpers should be bare urethane, but the paint match just looked so damned good next to the refinished silver section that I had to do it. As much as we got the bare urethane looking lovely, it was impossible to get it totally perfect next to the silver painted section.

Really happy with how they've turned out. We're also adding Swissvax to the black bumper sections to add an extra layer of protection. It's a high-end wax coating that has similar protection properties to ceramic coating - but with the benefit of being non-permanent so I can easily apply a new coat every 6 months to keep it as nice as possible.

Hopefully see you next weekend in Davis if I can find enough time this weekend and the week ahead to get them both back on. It'll be tight.
    Last edited by Col Bennett; 04-05-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post

It's another exiting day. My fascias are finally ready for pick-up later this afternoon at Canepa in Scotts Valley after months and months of patiently waiting for them to find a slot in their busy schedule. I've got a special birthday milestone coming up very soon so this is a huge present from my family - and the cherry on top of my recent DeLorean work. The paint color and finish was meticulously matched to the paint on an original NOS rear fascia to get it totally spot on. So excited to get them back on the car this weekend.

Please get the Paint code from them. That’s probably the most spot on match I’ve seen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Hi Jon. After endless samples and refinishing tests on the bare urethane, I crazily decided to color and finish match the bare black urethane and then fully paint the fascias. Obviously this isn't concours accurate as the bumpers should be bare urethane, but the paint match just looked so damned good next to the refinished silver section that I had to do it. As much as we got the bare urethane looking lovely, it was impossible to get it totally perfect next to the silver painted section.

Really happy with how they've turned out. We're also adding Swissvax to the black bumper sections to add an extra layer of protection. It's a high-end wax coating that has similar protection properties to ceramic coating - but with the benefit of being non-permanent so I can easily apply a new coat every 6 months to keep it as nice as possible.

Hopefully see you next weekend in Davis if I can find enough time this weekend and the week ahead to get them both back on. It'll be tight.
    Very cool! I know painted black looks good but my concern is then it won't match my rub strips, side mirrors, fore/aft side vents, or louvers unless i remove and paint all of those too. So my philosophy has always been to keep them all bare.

Can't wait to see it!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Very cool! I know painted black looks good but my concern is then it won't match my rub strips, side mirrors, fore/aft side vents, or louvers unless i remove and paint all of those too. So my philosophy has always been to keep them all bare.

Can't wait to see it!
    I totally see the dilemma but if you paint match the bare urethane then it’s gonna match the other plastic and urethane pieces just fine. I checked and it’s totally fine. My other pieces are spot on so I’ll be leaving them totally bare.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    10201

Seeing how clean your engine is made me start going overboard last night. I started sanding off every mold line and imperfection in my engine cover. I was fixing some damage and got carried away. I'm tired of having the most ratty looking delorean around lol

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Mine prolly looks a lil more ratty
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Mine prolly looks a lil more ratty
    Rusty damaged Lff, missing vent, peeling paint and mud lol

I have a couple small dents...no mud...but then its been on jackstands for a while..and i only drove it like 4 miles...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    I have a couple small dents...no mud...but then its been on jackstands for a while..and i only drove it like 4 miles...lol
    Lol. I drove mine more in 3 years than the PO did since he bought it in 82. I drove it at least 30k miles in that period.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    Lol. I drove mine more in 3 years than the PO did since he bought it in 82. I drove it at least 30k miles in that period.
    Im planning to make it my daily driver...if I ever get it done...hehe
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 774 of 920 FirstFirst ... 274 674 724 764 772 773 774 775 776 784 824 874 ... LastLast