FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 759 of 920 FirstFirst ... 259 659 709 749 757 758 759 760 761 769 809 859 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,590 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Looks nice. Yeah, getting them in is a pain..luckily my seats are currently out of the car, so it made it easier to get into a good enough position to install.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

Cussed at it when I realized that there is a antifreeze puddle under the engine and likely coming from the water pump area ... again.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

ohh I hate finding leaks....

shortly after i had the engine running, i started seeing antifreeze spewing..panicked a lil until I discovered it was just the hoses at the top needed tightening...yaay for
    the waking up period after a 15 year nap....which Im sure is why the transmission lines started leaking too.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Cussed at it when I realized that there is a antifreeze puddle under the engine and likely coming from the water pump area ... again.
    Unless, you visually verified a trail coming from the Weep hole under shaft, I’ll bet you just need to retighten the clamps on the coupler houses on the back of the WP housing. Time the pressurize the system and look for drips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Unless, you visually verified a trail ...
    No verification yet. Just a quick check topside to get an idea where is sorta comes from. Tomorrow it goes on the dollies and slides into the storage spot so that the snow blower can be pointing out. I can work on it on the dollies.

I was working something else when I noticed it. There are days when I start out going to do "A", notice "B" needs taking care of but in the process of fixing "B" I run into "C" and "D" and "E" ... and "ZZZ". Yupp all the way to "ZZZ ... going to bed to catch some ZZZ's. Tomorrow I can start with "A". And then someone asks "what did you do today?"
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Looks good. I've been considering replacing my sunvisors too. My car didn't come with any (d'oh!) but a friend gave me his old pair years ago. They're in decent shape, but not great and one of those things I've had on the to-do list way down towards the bottom.

I'm wondering which colour to get though. Are the ones you got the dark or the light pair? I technically have a black interior car but much of my carpeting seems to be more of a light gray and I kinda like it like that. Was thinking about going with the light gray sunvisors but didn't really know what they might end up looking like installed.
    http://www.deloreanmarquecertificati...20Handbook.pdf

Always a good reference. See above. From VIN 1792 and up, the lighter grey ones with vinyl side visible when stowed are correct. Since your car was built in Sept '81, you need the light grey ones. These are the ones I just installed on VIN 2282 (July 81), which is also a black interior car. It is a nice contract since the light grey is very close to the head liner color, and the vinyl side is more like the seats, door panels, and dash. I got them here:

https://www.deloreango.com/us/sunvis...grey-pair.html

Also, you technically should have the Starting Instructions Label affixed to the driver's side sun visor. I put that on as well after I took the pictures. Repos are available from above or I believe DMC Houston.
    Last edited by Hill Valley PD; 11-23-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Changed oil with 7 quarts of Castrol GTX 20W50 and installed new oil drain plug/gasket as well as DMC filter. I still cannot get over where the drain plug is in relation to the frame and the mess it creates. As John DeLorean would say, "Asinine!" If you've never seen the Pennebaker DeLorean Documentary, watch it. Also, filled tires up higher than normal, added fuel stabilizer, and detailed the car in and out. Took it for a nice spin to run new fluids through it before Winter comes. Any suggestions for the battery? I plan to start and move the car around about once a month. I'd say it won't be driven on the roadways for about 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    ... Any suggestions for the battery?
    Disconnect it from the car between starts. Use a battery tender to keep the battery charged and to avoid sulfating ... I use the black & Decker one from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...%2BDECKER+BM3B). It was a lot less (Half?) of what is shown when I bought it.
    Nick

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by nkemp View Post
    Disconnect it from the car between starts. Use a battery tender to keep the battery charged and to avoid sulfating ... I use the black & Decker one from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...%2BDECKER+BM3B). It was a lot less (Half?) of what is shown when I bought it.
    Agreeing with this plan and adding that if you don't care to disconnect the battery for storage then just unplug the door lock module and leave the battery connected. The original door lock module is by far the largest parasitic power draw in a parked D.

In this case you can hook the batt. tender directly to the jump start post and any ground in the engine bay.

Be sure NOT to use a regular trickle charger or battery charger for this purpose. It'll kill a battery via sulfating as noted in the prev. post.
    Last edited by Rich; 11-23-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    http://www.deloreanmarquecertificati...20Handbook.pdf

Always a good reference. See above. From VIN 1792 and up, the lighter grey ones with vinyl side visible when stowed are correct. Since your car was built in Sept '81, you need the light grey ones. These are the ones I just installed on VIN 2282 (July 81), which is also a black interior car. It is a nice contract since the light grey is very close to the head liner color, and the vinyl side is more like the seats, door panels, and dash. I got them here:

https://www.deloreango.com/us/sunvis...grey-pair.html

Also, you technically should have the Starting Instructions Label affixed to the driver's side sun visor. I put that on as well after I took the pictures. Repos are available from above or I believe DMC Houston.
    Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten this about the sunvisors being VIN based and not specific to the colour of the interior.

... and for winter storage, most years I remove my battery and put it in the basement and put a charger on it once per month. I don't leave the charger on it all the time and I don't normally start the car periodically either. It works for me but others do different variations. I think any of those ideas are fine for 3-4 months. The difficulty would likely come if that turned into years instead of months that you ended up storing it. Last year was a weird one as I drove it in November and also a couple times in February and March before the season really even started. Maybe that's the new norm though with the way the climate is changing.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 759 of 920 FirstFirst ... 259 659 709 749 757 758 759 760 761 769 809 859 ... LastLast