FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 893 of 920 FirstFirst ... 393 793 843 883 891 892 893 894 895 903 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,930 of 9199

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    That unused relay socket is for the "hot start relay". Not used normally in the DMC but I now sell one.
    I remember reading something about that harness. Was the same or similar harness used in the Porsche and did the Porsche have a hot start relay?
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I remember reading something about that harness. Was the same or similar harness used in the Porsche and did the Porsche have a hot start relay?
    I did have one owner find a VW hot start relay. Not sure where he got.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

That unused relay socket is for the "hot start relay". Not used normally in the DMC but I now sell one.
    Could you explain what it does exactly? Did you just start making them. (I can’t remember what all I bought from you.) My car starts rough all the time when it’s hot. It always starts, but just runs rough a bit. I’m thinking accumulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Could you explain what it does exactly? Did you just start making them. (I can’t remember what all I bought from you.) My car starts rough all the time when it’s hot. It always starts, but just runs rough a bit. I’m thinking accumulator.
    I have been selling them for a long time. A stock DMC fires the CSV when your cranking and the engine temp is below 95 deg.F. The CSV only gets powered when the starter is cranking.

My hot start relay will fire the CSV after one second of cranking at any engine temp. So I run my D without the thermal time switch and rely on my hot start relay to fire when needed. My car only needs the CSV after it has sat a week or more without running. It would also help a hot start problem but I don't experience that.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Yes +1 on all of Dave's stuff.

Hot start relay + Fuel Relay = no starting problems.

Both Fan Relays together = no fan worries.

My VIN:    2065

AC start issue

Thanks Dave for your reply and prompt response to my purchase order - outstanding service, thank you again

I remade and installed a new fused wire jumper on the Fan fail as it was brittle and corroded.
    The car runs but the AC clutch will not engage when I turn the AC dial in any position.
    This is only a recent thing and I have checked all the fuses.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot the AC start problem from anyone would be most welcome.

Cheers from the land DownUnder....

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post
    Thanks Dave for your reply and prompt response to my purchase order - outstanding service, thank you again

I remade and installed a new fused wire jumper on the Fan fail as it was brittle and corroded.
    The car runs but the AC clutch will not engage when I turn the AC dial in any position.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot the AC start problem from anyone would be most welcome.

The AC clutch will not turn on if the pressure in the system is under 50 PSI. So a low charge or if it is to cold would result in no clutch operation. That is the most common problem but it could be electrical failures. An AC static pressure check is the best thing to start with.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    5999

Quote Originally Posted by OZ DMC View Post

1) Check that all 3 of the electrical plugs are connected to the back of the mode switch.

2) Check that the rubber diaphram inside the mode switch is not broken.

3) Check that all vacuum lines are connected to back of mode switch (and not leaking).

Last weekend I drove the car on a 400 mile trip. I noticed a vibration in the right rear wheel when going faster than 80-85. Yesterday I noticed a grinding from the same wheel when braking. I pulled the wheel and found the pads were down to the metal. I checked the other wheel and the pad was kind of thin, but over an 1/8”. I suspect the wheel bearing is shot on the right and the pads were keeping it straight. Anyways, new pads and bearings coming. I’m lucky, it appears no damage to the rotor.

My VIN:    2065

The AC clutch will not turn on if the pressure in the system is under 50 PSI. So a low charge or if it is to cold would result in no clutch operation. That is the most common problem but it could be electrical failures. An AC static pressure check is the best thing to start with.
    Thanks Dave, sorry to be so long responding.

Page 893 of 920 FirstFirst ... 393 793 843 883 891 892 893 894 895 903 ... LastLast