FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 792 of 920 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 790 791 792 793 794 802 842 892 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    4519

I have my torsion bars and headliner out, and started cleaning the inside on my roofbox.

What else should I do while I'm in there with the torsion bars removed?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

I did nothing to mine today. DeLoreans are dumb. My DeLorean is especially dumb.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Myself and the family took our pride and joy to the prestigious 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance in Hillsborough, CA today where we won 1st in our class.

We were up against a multi-concours award winning Maserati Merak SS and the DeLorean's big brother - a Lotus Esprit. So great to see the marque get the recognition it deserves at this level. A very proud moment.

Thanks to Rich for the photos!

DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Myself and the family took our pride and joy to the prestigious 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance in Hillsborough, CA today where we won 1st in our class.

We were up against a multi-concours award winning Maserati Merak SS and the DeLorean's big brother - a Lotus Esprit. So great to see the marque get the recognition it deserves at this level. A very proud moment.

Congratulations. Well deserved. You've really worked hard on it, so glad it received the proper recognition.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post

WOW! Congratulations on a well deserved win!! It's great that you were awarded for your attention to detail.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4519

Awesome....congratulations!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Great work
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Your car looks fantastic, so good work. Neat to see that the DeLorean can foster the recognition alongside those other highly acclaimed cars (feel free to share some other photos of the event).

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Congratulations. Well deserved. You've really worked hard on it, so glad it received the proper recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    WOW! Congratulations on a well deserved win!! It's great that you were awarded for your attention to detail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Awesome....congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Great work
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    Your car looks fantastic, so good work. Neat to see that the DeLorean can foster the recognition alongside those other highly acclaimed cars (feel free to share some other photos of the event).
    Yooo guys! Thanks so much. It was a total shock to be honest. I wrongly assumed that DeLoreans just wouldn't be taken seriously at this awarding level. Boy was I proven wrong. Heck, I would have been happy to get a Judges commendation, but I just didn't expect to win out over a Maserati - especially one that has been invited to The Quail.

When we were lining up for the awards ceremony, the Esprit got called first and I looked at my wife with glee and shouted - "We got second!". A moment later I could see the black Maserati pulling slowly forward to my left and in that moment I looked out to my fellow DeLorean buddy Mark Woudsma who was taking photos and I mouthed to him "Holy shit, did I just win?". He nodded. I was stunned.

Again, I've got Ben (Soundkillr at DMCTalk) to thank for taking wonderful care of the car up until I acquired her in 2016. Since then I've been taking Ben's glorious car to the extremes. At this stage, there's only a handful of minor things to improve upon - and I'm especially proud that it's an original car that has never been separated from its frame. It's also been driven and loved. My goal for the car has always been that perfect balance between concours accuracy and a safe drivable car with a few electrical and mechanical updates.

I call my DeLorean "near-concours" and today I've got a pretty fancy trophy to prove it's certainly up there with the best cars in the world.

It's a very proud day for this perfectionist.
    DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
    Manual transmission. Grooved hood. Grey interior. Rear antenna.
    Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I have my torsion bars and headliner out, and started cleaning the inside on my roofbox.

What else should I do while I'm in there with the torsion bars removed?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
    https://store.delorean.com/p-9437-do...f-seal-lh.aspx

I’d replace these door seals if they need it, Rich. The big concern is drilling out the rivets so close to the precious torsion bars, so if they’re out, you’ll have more room to work without worrying about knicking them.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 792 of 920 FirstFirst ... 292 692 742 782 790 791 792 793 794 802 842 892 ... LastLast