FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 883 of 920 FirstFirst ... 383 783 833 873 881 882 883 884 885 893 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,830 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

My VIN:    11596

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update on here, so here goes -

1) Front suspension is now completely reassembled but on my first drive I had quite a bit of brake pedal pulsation. I believe it's my pads, which I thought I could get away with not replacing right away, but that may have been dumb since I did have the rotors turned before reinstalling. I turned the rotors because I didn't want to risk ruining my new bearings when I do a brake overhaul later this year. Well, now I'm doing the brake overhaul right now. I pulled all the calipers off, tore everything down except the parking brake mechanism, and sent them out for cad plating. I think I'll spray them with Duplicolor Gloss Clear engine enamel when I get them back. I also sent out a few other brackets and other odds and ends to get plated at the same time.

2) Completely tore down the rear suspension. Every nut and washer will be replaced and all the pivot bolts are getting cleaned and plated. New trailing arm bushings. Finally get to install my D/S Toby Tab which never went in a decade ago because I couldn't get the old bolt out. Well now I have the trailing arm out and I'm determined to get the bolt extracted! It's currently soaking in acetone+ATF.

3) Dropped off my rear carriers with bearings and outer axles still attached at a machine shop. They are going to press out the bearings, replace them with new SKF bearings, and then reinstall the shafts using a shop press. Also bead-blast the carrier which I will probably also spray with the Gloss Clear.

4) Drive shafts are out and since I already rebuilt them 15 years ago, I am going to pop the end plates off and seal them with Hylomar AF since I see a bit of grease leakage from them. I sent the bolt spacers out to get plated and I am ordering a new hex-head bolt kit from DPI to make installation easier.

5) Replacing the yoke seals once again due to leakage. My yokes are already sleeves but there is seepage either around them or through the split pin. I'll replace the o-rings inside the output shaft and put new seals in with hylomar AF on the splines and on the outside of the seals where they press against the transmission casing. Maybe that will fix it. I know some people use RTV on the splines but Hylomar AF is pretty good and doesn't set so I won't be a bear to remove the yokes again later if needed.

PXL_20210925_214948803.jpgPXL_20210928_033150781.jpgPXL_20210928_133427087.jpgPXL_20211005_131726442 (1).jpgPXL_20211005_131712468 (1).jpg
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Another option is just turn the AC on. It bypasses the otterstat and powers up the fans.

Always carry extra belts.
    I can't remember 100% but I believe the oe configuration had the fans operate with the compressor. All the cycling and load was very taxing on the charge circuit and it was a common mod to wire the fans to the mode switch which kept them from cycling with the compressor.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I can't remember 100% but I believe the oe configuration had the fans operate with the compressor. All the cycling and load was very taxing on the charge circuit and it was a common mod to wire the fans to the mode switch which kept them from cycling with the compressor.
    That's the way mine was untill I got Dave's RPM relay. It keeps the fans on for awhile after the compressor shuts off. (Normally, It will cycle back on before the fans finally shut down.)

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

That's the way mine was untill I got Dave's RPM relay. It keeps the fans on for awhile after the compressor shuts off. (Normally, It will cycle back on before the fans finally shut down.)
    I don't see how the RPM relay has anything whatsoever to do with fans. They have nothing in common. You may be confusing his RPM relay with a fan relay.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't see how the RPM relay has anything whatsoever to do with fans. They have nothing in common. You may be confusing his RPM relay with a fan relay.
    You're correct. I just looked on his site. The fan relay runs the fans for 20 seconds after power is not called for. I got his RPM relay also. It has some delay functions related to the fuel pump.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Today I actually got the car insured
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Today I actually got the car insured
    How much did you insure it for? My company asked me what it was worth and I said $35,000. Now I wonder if I should have told them higher.

My VIN:    4877

I valued mine at 35,000, which is what Toby recommended, I was going to go with 30 too.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    16377

How much did you insure it for? My company asked me what it was worth and I said $35,000. Now I wonder if I should have told them higher.
    Mine is currently valued at $45k, but I plan to raise that amount when I re-up next time. It seems that the value keeps going up and if I ever have to replace this car, I will need to pay out of pocket in addition to the $45k just to get a car in the same condition that I currently have. I'm insured through Grundy.

-Nick

My VIN:    10332

Yeah, im at 50k+ I actually took a look around and what a similar condition would cost and i'm really hosed if i need to replace.

Page 883 of 920 FirstFirst ... 383 783 833 873 881 882 883 884 885 893 ... LastLast