FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 736 of 920 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 786 836 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 9193

Thread: What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Quote Originally Posted by C.Bennett View Post
    Cheers guys.
    Alright Already Ill clean my engine bay.

My VIN:    3455

Got my DMCH seat covers back this week and installed the passenger side. I found the rubber bottom was split so I patched it with some flex tape and tensioning straps. I don't think the flex tape really does much other than improve how it looks, but with the straps installed it feels like a different seat. I saw some other folks said it was uncomfortable, but I used 4 straps and I think it must distribute the weight a little better.

As for the seat covers, I like how they look, though in the picture they look almost too wrinkled. Must be the lighting b/c they're not that bad in person. I'm not sure how I could have gotten them any tighter without ripping the seams or my own skin.

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpg

Incidentally, if anyone is looking for some electric blue seat covers with matching door trim panels and steering wheel, check back in the parts section next week. I'm going to try to sell them all as a matching set, unless someone just wants to buy the trim pieces for the backing boards. One looks like the original cardboard, but the other is plastic.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Usually an upholsterer will ad a 1/2” layer of fresh foam to the top of the seats to help compensate for shrinkage of the old seat foam buck. Without it you can get the excessive wrinkle look in the outer panels. The center panels are supposed to be wrinkled like that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

My DeLorean overheated for the first time of ownership last week. The fans decided they had enough and weren't coming on when the engine reached temperature. After some troubleshooting, the otterstat seems to be the problem. Got one on order from DMCMW. Hope to get her back on the road soon. Didn't seem to be any damage, steam or strange noises, just the temp gauge spiking.

My VIN:    2805

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kukem View Post
    My DeLorean overheated for the first time of ownership last week. The fans decided they had enough and weren't coming on when the engine reached temperature. After some troubleshooting, the otterstat seems to be the problem. Got one on order from DMCMW. Hope to get her back on the road soon. Didn't seem to be any damage, steam or strange noises, just the temp gauge spiking.
    Same thing happened to me a couple years ago, otterstat failed. I ordered 2 so I'd have one as a spare in the car. You may want to order another for a spare, just in case.

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

Quote Originally Posted by Nate88 View Post
    Same thing happened to me a couple years ago, otterstat failed. I ordered 2 so I'd have one as a spare in the car. You may want to order another for a spare, just in case.
    That is a really good idea. i will add that to my next order list. Thanks!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Kukem View Post
    That is a really good idea. i will add that to my next order list. Thanks!
    Carry a small jumper wire as well, this comes in handy in a couple of failure modes (RPM relay for example) but it can help get you home. Make up something with two male spade lugs, about 3 inches long.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Carry a small jumper wire as well, this comes in handy in a couple of failure modes (RPM relay for example) but it can help get you home. Make up something with two male spade lugs, about 3 inches long.
    +1 like so:

Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    2065

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Good idea...

My VIN:    Between VINs

Did my first angle drive replacement. Pretty straightforward, hardest part is getting the that huge wrench into that tight space. I wonder if anyone makes a stubby 1 1/4" wrench. Switched to a one piece cable and changed the gauge cluster LEDs to the color I wanted (white, not 'incandescent yellow').

My car came with the original speedometer in a box of parts and a 170mph speedo in the car. The complaint on the original was that it bounced, but when hooked to a drill it was fine. Test drove it last night and it works perfect, even calibrated correctly as it's very accurate at most speeds. Very happy. Also lightly 'refurbished' the 170 speedo. Need to make a for sale thread soon to get rid of that and some other odds and ends that are starting to pile up.

Page 736 of 920 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 786 836 ... LastLast